CMP Daisy 853

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
TomJ
B Poster
B Poster

CMP Daisy 853

Post by TomJ »

Has anyone used one of the refurbished CMP Daisy 853 for offhand practice. Thinking about purchasing one, cheap enough, but don't know if even with the spacers they would fit an adult. I'd be interested in your comments.
ywltzucanrknrl
A Poster
A Poster

Re: CMP Daisy 853

Post by ywltzucanrknrl »

Tom, there were several folks that bought these to practice for across the course shooting and I believe they were satisfied with the fit and accuracy. There were several discussions on US Rifle Teams about them. I've never used one, so no first hand experience on my part. You might get on US Rifle Teams and search for the discussions----pretty much positive comments from what I remember.
joemo
B Poster
B Poster

Post by joemo »

The Daisy 853 from the CMP is a bargain at right around $115. At 10 meters they are almost as accurate as much more expensive target rifles. If you search the blog on Pyramid Air you will find an extensive review of the rifle.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

i got one from cmp and it was the best 115 dollars spend. i changed out the front sight to match my cla rifles. great way to get in some fast practice at home. i know several people that are using them for 10 meter. they work just as good as the high dollar air gun for what i am using it for.