Tikka two stage trigger

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Tikka two stage trigger

Post by thauglor »

Just got back from Sportsmans warehouse after driving 20 miles to dry fire the new T3c tac a1.

The Tikka two stage trigger is nice, I doubt it would be as nice as my Tikka with a Barnard, but if it's anywhere less than $200 it will be worth buying.

Also dry fired the Howa 1500 and Weayherby, both with two stage triggers. Even though I think they are the same triggers, the Weatherby was a tiny bit more crisp than the is Howa, but the Tikka two stage was better than both.

I doubt the Tikka trigger will be for sale separately soon, but hopefully later in the year they will be. I'll give Beretta a call tomorrow and try and see of they will be available.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Tikka two stage trigger

Post by OldRanger »

I want a 2 stage for my tikka! Can you still buy the barnards?
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

OldRanger wrote:I want a 2 stage for my tikka! Can you still buy the barnards?
Not sure, I got it from MT guns but he retired. I think best bet would be to contact Barnard and see if anyone imports them. The Barnard tikka doesn't have a safety fyi.

I have also found these Tikka two stage triggers, didn't order from them yet though https://www.cg-triggers.com/trigger-sto ... ka-trigger

Have also read over on scout.com that extreme accuracy might be making a two stage soon and that KRG, who make the chassis for Tikkas, might also come out with a two stage.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Thanks for the info. I'll look around. Might just have to build a different gun. Oh darn ;)
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

I have been talking with extreme accuracy about a Sako/Tikka two stage trigger since March of 2016. They told me it would be out by July of 2016... still waiting...
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

I hope I don't have to wait as long as I have been for my grand-slam pins.... going on 2 years...
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

What stocks do you tikka owners use? I ordered the Barnard but it will require widening the bottom metal and stock a bit. So I figured that might be a good time to restock it....
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Why not head over to the dark side and build a full on custom with a Defiance action?

You could always use a carbon fiber stock from Mr. Wooster!
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Time and money Dave, time and money. Ordering a Defiance puts you out a year and about $2500. Minimum. For a few hundred bucks I might get a serviceable rifle out of this tikka. I might get a custom stock on it later, gonna start with this trigger.

On a slightly different note I tried a Bix'n Andy 2 stage this weekend and holy cow was it sweet. I would say it was better than the Anschutz trigger on my smallbore (but it was set lighter, so maybe it was just that). If this barnard doesn't work out I may try a Bix'n Andy.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

OldRanger wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:11 am Time and money Dave, time and money. Ordering a Defiance puts you out a year and about $2500. Minimum. For a few hundred bucks I might get a serviceable rifle out of this tikka. I might get a custom stock on it later, gonna start with this trigger.

On a slightly different note I tried a Bix'n Andy 2 stage this weekend and holy cow was it sweet. I would say it was better than the Anschutz trigger on my smallbore (but it was set lighter, so maybe it was just that). If this barnard doesn't work out I may try a Bix'n Andy.
I wanted a Bix N Andy on my 2500X, but the pull weight wouldn't go high enough. :(
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Yeah, guess you would have to use it on a silhouette class rifle not a hunter class. Might be the same with this barnard, although they offer different springs.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

OldRanger wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:13 pm What stocks do you tikka owners use? I ordered the Barnard but it will require widening the bottom metal and stock a bit. So I figured that might be a good time to restock it....
I just mill the front of the trigger shoe hole longer in the factory trigger guard. You might have to thin out the bottom inside front of the trigger guard too, depending on location of barnard trigger shoe.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

OldRanger wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:11 am Time and money Dave, time and money. Ordering a Defiance puts you out a year and about $2500. Minimum.
Time is not going to stop and so what if it takes a year. You know you want to! \m/
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Thauglor, yeah, I have a buddy I think can do what needs done. He has a mill so hopefully we can make it look nice too. If I did it by hand it would look.....less than stellar.

Dave, Well if I had won the 50% off of a defiance action that they gave away at the iron man (2 actually) then I would be all in on that. As it is, I'll modify this Tikka.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

OldRanger wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:43 am

Dave, Well if I had won the 50% off of a defiance action that they gave away at the iron man (2 actually) then I would be all in on that. As it is, I'll modify this Tikka.
You want to modify a firearm then you need a Remington model 700! They are like the Chevy 350 engine of the hunting rifle world!
You can modify that rifle far easier than a Tikka with all of the parts available for a Remington 700.
\m/