.22 bpcr

Front-stuffers, smoke-belchers and .22 BPCR!
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: .22 bpcr

Post by BrentD »

Sounds good, Glenn. Taking all the pigs, however, is expected. The tough stuff starts with the turkeys and the rams. If you have trouble holding elevation on the rams, you will need better ammo. And slipping a round over the rear back of the turkey is easy w/o a truly accurate ammunition. Stuff that works well at 100 m can really fool you when it gets out to the turkey and ram lines. But it is a heck of a lot of fun to shoot these rifles and not get beat up with the recoil.

Brent
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

By the way, are you going to shoot Tornado Alley in a couple of weeks? You should. It's in your backyard.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I haven't even got sight settings for 150 and 200 meters. I think I may come up there and watch. We're at the range a lot.
Just Be Nice **==
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Glen sight settings take about 5 minutes to get. That is how long it would take for me to go downstairs and look up the come-ups from the pigs to turkeys and rams (and the come down to chickens). No excuse not to shoot!
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

Looks like about 7 minutes up from the pigs to turkeys, and another 7 to go from the turkey's to the ram.
Come down about 8 from the pigs to the chickens.
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

Best way to watch is through the sights of your rifle. Yeah, Don, that sounds about right.
Taps
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

Yup best way to watch is thru the sights.
Those come ups are what the 22 book says our Miroku was taking with the SK rifle match at Cheyenne and Casper matches. MVA 108 on the rear and a tall Lyman 17 on the front.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I may be looking for another Japanese made 1885 for Jeanne. I think this will be a fun sport...especially if they keep the nationals at Raton.
Just Be Nice **==
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

They are around, but seem to be getting priced about into the same range as getting a new one from C Sharps.
If the bpcr silhouette nationals stay in Raton, I doubt the 22 nationals would go anywhere else.
Baja_Traveler
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Baja_Traveler »

I picked this one up for a steal, but it can't compete against my CPA with its Douglass Airgauged barrel. I've tried 20 different flavors of ammo, and the best through this gun can't even match the 5 shot groups from my CPA with nice and cheap CCI SV.
.22 BPCR is by far the most fun match I shoot, so I will be tearing this rifle down, doing a color case on the receiver and re-barreling it with a heavier octagon match barrel and a nice stock. I hold a heavier barrel much steadier than a light one like on this rifle - and these matches are won and lost on those little bitty chickens...
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

That is exactly like the rifle we bought. So far, at chickens and pigs, it's much more accurate than we are. We can hit the 1/5 scale pigs at 100 meters almost 100% of the time. We're going to the range tomorrow to shoot at 150 and 200 meters to see what we need to do...if anything.
Just Be Nice **==
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Don, Brent
Where can a guy buy swinger targets of the right scale for this sport ?
Just Be Nice **==
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

Here's a thread from the 22bpcra that has the drawings. Not sure if it's Crossnoe or Zimmerman that is selling the targets in your area, but most any good metal shop can cut a set from the drawings. Last I checked our local place would cut a full set plus 1 swinger of each for 190$.
http://www.22bpcra.com/forum/?view=thread&id=25
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Don Brent
We went to the range today and sighted in at 150 and 200 meters. 1/5 scale turkeys at 150 meters we all right, once we got the wind right. 1/5 scale rams at 200 meters were tough. I think this set up has all the accuracy we can take advantage of.
Just Be Nice **==
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

Lol those rams can be tough.