2017 Texas State Air Rifles Championship

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

2017 Texas State Air Rifles Championship

Post by GregG »

The dates have been set for the Texas State Air Rifles Silhouette Match see attachments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: 2017 Texas State Air Rifles Championship

Post by cedestech »

Reminded me to rebuild my TX... did it last night... :) (it was up to 6 minutes between the chickens and rams.... )
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

Is that TSRA membership fee correct? $30 seems a little steep for an out of state shooter at a one time event.
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GregG »

Officially there is an event fee I believe of 10.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

We do not want to join multiple state associations again.
It can be like belonging to multiple NRA's.
We are simply tired of the info e-mails, e-mails asking for donations, regular mail asking for donations, candidates multiple states away from us running for offices we cannot vote for, and publications that do not pertain to us.
We have no complaints if clubs holding matches want to limit their matches to residents that reside within their state and belong to their own state organization.
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GregG »

I agree, I too get tired of the hand out all the time by both the NRA and the state associations.

I also sure everyone on this board is aware no matter what state you are in you must be a member of the state association to shoot the state match. It has been that way since the early 80s when I started shooting state matches in Oklahoma. I still join yearly the Louisiana state association to shoot a match in Zwolle.

Some clubs have switched to a regional instead of states. This is too my knowledge an NRA requirement on the state associations.

However, instead of taking it out on this match, do not make the state association fees be a stopper for shooting. Speak to Robert it will work out.

Greg
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

The NRA does not require membership in a state association. The state tournament has to be recognized and approved by that association, but there is no NRA requirement for membership. The fees charged by the state associations are merely revenue generators, in fact, depending on their bylaws, they don't necessarily have to either require membership or even charge a fee. So in my opinion, charging the full amount of an annual membership is excessive and unnecessary. The applicable sections of the NRA rules are below:
NRA Registered Tournament.JPG
From Rule 1.6.JPG
As you can see, there is no requirement for state association membership.

Regards,
Greg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

It's a fun match and good people... as stated above, contact Robert....

FWIW, If I want to attend a out of state match, $30 is nominal to the cost of everything else... I understand it's the principle of the thing but it is what it is....

Come down and shoot. :)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GregG »

Greg,

That is really interesting information but is not relevant to the discussion. The Texas state association, as well as Louisiana, and Oklahoma require to membership in their association to shoot in the state match. If we want to hold a state match in the state of Texas then we must follow the guidelines of the state association.

We can complain and grip but these are the rules. I have personally argued about it and there is a $10 out of state event membership now.

If you are interested in coming to the match but the 10 or 30 dollars prevents you, I will personally pay your membership fees. But as we have been saying all along contact Robert.

If you want to argue about paying state fees, I will be happy to continue a thread dedicated to the topic and not the Air Gun State Match announcement; Robert is holding. Hope to see you at the match.

Regards -

Greg
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

I also sure everyone on this board is aware no matter what state you are in you must be a member of the state association to shoot the state match. It has been that way since the early 80s when I started shooting state matches in Oklahoma. I still join yearly the Louisiana state association to shoot a match in Zwolle.

Some clubs have switched to a regional instead of states. This is too my knowledge an NRA requirement on the state associations.
Greg,

The only reason I posted the reply was that your post above seemed to infer that membership in the state association was an NRA requirement. If I was mistaken I apologize. No need for a separate thread to discuss.

Greg
4H Dad
Unclassified Poster

Post by 4H Dad »

Just checking to see if the range was spared from the flooding and if the shoot is still on?
Thanks,
JD
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GregG »

The range schedule for this match survived quite well, only a few trees are down.

We are watching the conditions and Robert expects to hold the match.

Conditions are improving but many secondary roads and some highways as still closed. I have not heard the status of I-10 but yesterday it was closed at Beaumont and the Texas/Louisiana boarder.

I do expect condition to improve by the time of the match but we want everyone to have a good time and safe time. Hope to see you at the match.

Greg
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Just received this notice via email...
All,

The TSRA Texas State Air Rifle Championship Match is postponed from September 15 - 17 to December 1 - 3.
We continue to go through the aftermath of hurricane Harvey with many shooters unable to participate in the match in September. More time is needed by many to recover from the storm.

I know this is an inconvenience for many, but feel it best to postpone the match so more people have a chance to participate. Those who have already signed up and paid the fees, will receive a refund via mail.

Sorry for the inconvenience, if you have any questions or comments, please reply to this email.

Hope to see you in December!

Regards,

Robert La Grone
Air Gun Match Director
Bayou Rifles, Inc.
Allen Corneau
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

A revised update...
It has been determined that the former December dates for the Texas state air rifle match clash with a cowboy lever gun silhouette match established earlier in the year. Because many of the air gun shooters will be attending the lever gun match, I have re-scheduled the air gun match.

The match dates will be December 8th - 10th at the Juliff range.

Attached for your convenience is a match description and an entry form. I am sorry for any inconvenience, and hope we will have a good turn out for the air gun competition. An announcement will also be posted on Steel Chickens.
If you have any comments or questions, please reply to this email.

Regards,
Robert LaGrone
Air Gun Match Director
Allen Corneau
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Just a reminder that the match is coming up in a few weeks.

Get those entries in or at the very least let Robert know you intend on attending.

Hope to see plenty of you guys there!
Allen Corneau