First BPCR Match

Front-stuffers, smoke-belchers and .22 BPCR!
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

First BPCR Match

Post by glen ring »

I shot my first BPCR Match Yesterday. It was GREAT. There's something about shooting a big chunk of lead 500 meters that's just plain cool.
Some of the rifles were very expensive . The scopes are expensive..but all the shooters were SO nice and I didn't meet not one snob , elitist or cranky old guy.

I'm 61 and that was my first BPCR match...it won't be my last.

Go to a BPCR match. Shoot one Ram at 500 meters and I guarantee you'll be hooked.

By the way..the first ram I knocked over was after the bullet had struck the ground 20 feet in front of the animal and then bounced up and downed him. I guess the 38-55 has enough power for rams.
Just Be Nice **==
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: First BPCR Match

Post by BrentD »

Cool bounce shot with the .38. Thats not something you see every day.

Not to stretch you too much, but keep BPTR on your radar too. One day you and Jeannie will have to launch at 1000 yds. It can be even better than playing bumper pool with the rams (however, bounce shots are scored as a miss). Anyway, we had fun at Lodi last weekend shooting long range and watching our bullets arrive in the berm 3+ seconds after being launched. It's gotta be on your bucket list.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I will need to get a better load or sight for the 38-55 before I try 1000 yards. When Jeanne first wanted to shoot the White buffalo at Raton , with her 30-30, I thought she was crazy. We've done it so many times we are bored with it. 1000 yards with a 38-55?? That sounds challenging.
Just Be Nice **==
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Well, to be honest the .38-55 would not be allowed in a BPTR match. There are minimum bullet weights and velocities that are required in the name of safety. Not that the bullet won't go that far, but the rules are the rules.
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

Hey Brent, if the shot hits the correct target does it really not count if it "bounced" in?
Down here we still record it as a hit, so long as the correct target is hit.
Taps
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

nope. If it bounces, pinwheels the x-ring of your own target - it's a miss. It's a tough life out on the 1000 yds range

Saw it happen more than once this weekend. :)
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

Glenn sound like the bug has bit you bad.
Keep on having fun with this stuff. You can shoot your 38-55 in midrange target rifle. Brent's right shooting target rifle can be more fun than the silhouettes, watching a target rifle match isn't as exciting as a silhouette match tho.
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

I was referring to silhouette Brent.
Taps