Competitor housing at the Whittington Center

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Competitor housing at the Whittington Center

Post by snaketail2 »

I kinda remember someone saying the competitor housing at the Whittington Center now has Air Conditioning. Is that true, or did I get bad mushrooms again?
I'm looking at the Whittington schedule - looks like the Lever Action Nations will be July 24 - July 27.

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Competitor housing at the Whittington Center

Post by lijeboy »

Yes, Michael, Competitor Housing is now air conditioned. Also has wifi. Both a big improvement. The price is now $60 per night, I believe.

I can't remember if you were there last year, but there are permanent stat buildings at each range, rather than dragging the trailer to and fro. Also permanent bathrooms at each range, which is also a big improvement.

By the way, I did receive your email awhile back. Sorry I didn't reply. I'll do it now.

Look forward to seeing you again, as always.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

I've been absent since 2015 - love the improvements since my last visit.

Looking forward to seeing you and Glen in July. I'll bring the cookies.

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Sounds good. And the Oklahoma regional is third weekend of September.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

FWIW the east campground is also now served by wi-fi. You do have to log back on to it every few hours, but it works well.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

lijeboy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:23 pm Sounds good. And the Oklahoma regional is third weekend of September.
I thought we were having Jim Luke's "wine festival" and regional shooting match this year. Looks like you'll have a busy summer.
Thanks, Michael
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Not sure if Jim is having his wine festival, I hope so. But we're definitely having the Sooner Classic.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

We will never forget the day in 2007 when Chicken George who at that time was twice the man he is today arrived with great excitement to take his room in competitor housing. We were sitting in the living room. Everybody had their windows and doors open to catch the prevailing winds. It was a nice sunny, pleasant day. George did not say anything and immediately ran for the thermostat to turn down the thermostat. He fiddled with the thermostat for awhile and then stated in surprise, "There is no Air Conditioning on this thermostat." We tried to tell him that the whole time but he would not believe us. =))