Sights for a Winchester 9422

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
TomJ
B Poster
B Poster

Sights for a Winchester 9422

Post by TomJ »

I recently purchased a 24” barreled Winchester 9422 that I want to setup for CLA. What sight setup, receiver and front sight combination, have worked best for those who shoot a 9422? I’ve been shooting a Marlin 39A with a Redfield International and Lyman 17A. Thanks, Tom
DAVIDMAGNUM
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Sights for a Winchester 9422

Post by DAVIDMAGNUM »

http://www.marblearms.com/universal-rear-sights.html
http://www.marblearms.com/rear-sights.html

The links above hopefully work. The first is the Marbles tang sight. if you scroll down the page you will find a chart listing what sight will fir your rifle. The second is the Marbles rear, barrel sights. Scroll down to about the middle left and you will see fold down rear sights.

I have the Marbles tang sight and folding rear on my 9422 Legacy. I may be "paranoid" but I like the idea of having the barrel sight as a backup and check/point of reference for the tang sight. I have the rear/barrel sight set for chickens. I can lower the tang sight and see the barrel and front sight through the peep. This shows me that the tang sight post did not get bent or out of alignment some how. I then fold down the barrel sight and it is out of the sight picture. IF something happens to the tang sight I can flip the barrel sight up and still shoot a match with my rifle.
In the days of old when men were bold, and a quarter was still worth a dime.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
TomJ
B Poster
B Poster

Post by TomJ »

Thanks David. Any other rear sights being used?
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CamP »

We use the same setup on 3 different 9422's. The shortest lyman 17a front sight with lee shaver small bead inserts, and Williams FP-GR-TK rear sights with a TK gib screw
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

What Cam said. It clamps to the dovetail. Don’t get aggressive with the Williams mount screws. The clamp is very soft aluminum and easily bends. I made a replacement out of steel. Even with steel it’s easily over tightened.
- Joe