2018 TSRA Texas State Lever Action Rifle Silhouette Championships - April 14th/15th

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

2018 TSRA Texas State Lever Action Rifle Silhouette Championships - April 14th/15th

Post by Tlee »

Just a heads up...

The 2018 TSRA Texas State Lever Action Rifle Silhouette Championships will be held at Austin Rifle Club on April 14th and 15th. Check in and practice will take place beginning at noon on Friday the 13th. 60 shot PCLA and SBCR matches will take place on Saturday the 14th. A 40 shot Rifle Cartridge match will take place on Sunday the 15th.

Hope to see you in Austin in April,

:ymcowboy:

- Tim

2018_TSRA_StateLeverActionRifleSilhouetteMatch.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 2018 TSRA Texas State Lever Action Rifle Silhouette Championships - April 14th/15th

Post by Tlee »

I stated it in the match program, but I'll reiterate it;

While we can accommodate over 96 entries to Saturday’s Pistol Cartridge and Smallbore matches, we will be limiting the Rifle Cartridge match on Sunday to a maximum of 48 entries. Entries will be accepted on a 1st come, 1st served basis. Any Rifle Cartridge match entries received beyond the initial 48 will go on a overbook wait list.

Cancellations (by April 13th) and remaining Rifle Cartridge overbooked will receive a refund for the individual match.

Thank you for your understanding,

Tim Lee
TSRA Lever Action Silhouette Director
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 2018 TSRA Texas State Lever Action Rifle Silhouette Championships - April 14th/15th

Post by Tlee »

We currently have filled the Rifle Cartridge match and have a half dozen folks on the wait list in case we add an additional relay.... Which is looking VERY likely as I’ve received an assurance from the organization doing the target setting that they’re willing to increase the number of setters working Sunday to ensure faster resets.

So, if you’re considering shooting this match, I’d encourage you to send me your entry to ensure a spot on the additional relay. You can send the fees later (I don’t deposit the checks anyway until I need the funds for awards and other expenses). If you submit an entry and wind up not being able to attend, I will refund the fees, provided I’ve a couple days notification.

- Tim
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

henry40.jpg
1808rt
henry20.jpg
Give away rifle at the match, courtesy of Henry rifles. Wooohoooo :-bd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

psteiger wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:24 am henry40.jpg1808rthenry20.jpgGive away rifle at the match, courtesy of Henry rifles. Wooohoooo :-bd
And I’m pleased to announce the winner of the rifle is... David Salazar, one of the Austin area competitors who just took up Lever Action Silhouette just a few months ago.

Many thanks to Anthony Imperato and Henry Repeating Arms for this 22LR Caliber Henry Frontier Model H001TLB presented at the 2018 Texas State Lever Action Rifle Silhouette Championships.
In addition to the TSRA/match logo laser engraving on the stock, it bears a TSRA sequence serial number commemorating our event.

Congrats to David on winning this fine rifle!

- Tim Lee, TSRA Lever Action Rifle Silhouette Director
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Just got home. This was a fantastic match. Tim and Judy do a ridiculously good job with this match. He LITTERALY moved Heaven and earth to get the center fire portion moved to ARC so all 3 guns would be shot there.

THANK YOU to Henry Rifles for donating not just "a" rifle but a specially built for this match rifle. They went above and beyond and show a definite commitment to this sport and shooting sports in general.

David is a very nice guy who is obviously a great father and could not be a more deserving recipient of the rifle Henry donated. He and his son should get great use out of it.

:mrgreen:
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Thanks Tim, Judy, Wayne, Dave and everyone else associated with the the match. Having it ALL on one site is much better. Things went smoothly and the target setters were great. The give away Henry Rifle brings back memories of Winnsboro. Next time kill the wind and turn the heat up a bit, please! Congrats to the winners. ( I mean the old Pharts) It ended early enough I missed the backup in Sealy on my way home. On;y 3 1/2 hours!!! :D
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

psteiger wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:55 pm Thanks Tim, Judy, Wayne, Dave and everyone else associated with the the match. Having it ALL on one site is much better. Things went smoothly and the target setters were great. The give away Henry Rifle brings back memories of Winnsboro. Next time kill the wind and turn the heat up a bit, please! Congrats to the winners. ( I mean the old Pharts) It ended early enough I missed the backup in Sealy on my way home. On;y 3 1/2 hours!!! :D
Pat-

Thanks for attending, wish you could’ve hung around and accepted your “young whipper snapper” award, but I understand delinquent kids like you have a curfew you have to make. Also, Judy says you left your shooting cart behind (I still owe you for it).

Sorry for the Saturday wind, but Sunday was so nice and calm it made for a match that ended on a note that most folks enjoyed it.

As an illustration of how bad the wind was, and to appreciate how good (or in my case, how bad) folks were able to still shoot, here’s a FB video of Saturday’s wind someone sent me (hopefully it’ll view w/o having to login to FB);
https://www.facebook.com/17353962300532 ... 851721159/

Thanks again for YOUR assistance too Pat!

- Tim. :ymcowboy:
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

Short Version of the Winners/results (detailed scores in the attachment):

Texas State TSRA Lever Action Silhouette Champion; Robert Massey
High Aggregate Senior Champion; Mark Sternglanz
High Aggregate Woman Champion; JoAnne Massey
High Aggregate Junior Champion; Iain Anderson

Pistol Cartridge
HOA; Mark Sternglanz
1st Master; Pat Steiger
1st AAA; Dylan Lee
1st AA; Tianyu (Erwin) Han
1st A/B; Clay Richards

Smallbore
HOA; Robert Massey
1st Master; Joe Atwood
1st AAA; Dylan Lee
1st AA; Terry Vaughn
1st A/B; David Salazar

Rifle Cartridge
HOA; Robert Massey
1st Master; Joe Atwood
1st AAA; Roy Shepherd
1st AA; Michael Turner
1st A/B; Terry Vaughn

Special Thanks goes to Austin Rifle Club for making the significant investment to support all 3 rifle disciplines.
Individually I'd like to recognize Wayne Harlow for his work on the range, targets, firing line, backstops, and supplying the awards. His tireless efforts strive to make silhouette (of all versions) one of the leading NRA shooting sports.
A huge thanks to all the folks supporting the event, both in the stat house and the club members that supported the building of the added/longer distance lines.
Lastly, the Williamson County 4H shooting sports for providing the target setters... who'd never served in this function previously, by the end of the day were doing record time turnarounds of target setting reminiscent of a NASCAR crew on race day!

Thanks again to everyone, :ymcowboy:

Tim Lee
TSRA Lever Action Rifle Silhouette Director
Texas2018LeverActionActionStackRanking.pdf
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Thanks for attending, wish you could’ve hung around and accepted your “young whipper snapper” award, but I understand delinquent kids like you have a curfew you have to make. Also, Judy says you left your shooting cart behind (I still owe you for it).
My parole officer only gave me a pass until 5pm on Sunday.
Wayne needs to figure what he wants for those stands. I want a couple.

Thank you again for all the work. I know it keeps you out of the bars at night, because you're too tired to move......
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Woah! Pat Steiger was in the winners list? Did his kids not show up or something? =))
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

psteiger wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:43 pm

My parole officer only gave me a pass until 5pm on Sunday.
Wayne needs to figure what he wants for those stands. I want a couple.

Thank you again for all the work. I know it keeps you out of the bars at night, because you're too tired to move......
The stands are nice... I can’t even imagine what they’d cost though. The layout and laser cutting time on these was at least 2 days, not counting the couple late nights tweaking/redesigning/modifying the prototype. The Assembly time for the 8 was the good part of a Saturday morning. Followed by a coat of clear.

- Tim
6304EBDD-D9A9-4880-91B3-59C6B63E8D9A.jpeg