Silhouette in Florida

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Number10GI
B Poster
B Poster

Silhouette in Florida

Post by Number10GI »

I've tried the map of silhouette ranges and I'm not sure how up to date the info is. Most of the icons for ranges in Florida only give a street address, no club name or what silhouette classes are shot there. The wife is wearing me down on moving to the Villages, just south of Ocala, but I need to know where to shoot before I give in to her. I currently shoot smallbore and lever gun silhouette. I have a lever gun for pistol cartridge and would buy a rifle for the lever gun centerfire competition if these matches are held at a range. Currently I drive 2 1/2 hours to shoot silhouette so the same distance/time there wouldn't be a problem.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Silhouette in Florida

Post by Jason »

You may be able to find what you want by using this page.

http://findnra.nra.org/

You can put in the location (Ocala, FL), the distance that you're willing to drive, and then check "Tournament Calendar" in the list at the bottom. I see a bunch of silhouette matches in Jacksonville and Chuluota that are less than 100 miles from Ocala.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

jacksonville florida has smallbore rifle and smallbore lever action matches. they also run the florida state match for both. i do not know of any other matches in florida.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Innocent Mary would be the best source for silhouette in Fla.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Post by richard »

I have shot smallbore and smallbore lever silhouette at the Tallahassee club but alas, they follow NRA rules but their matches I believe are not NRA approved.
Rick B.
Richard
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Currently in the area surrounding the Villages in Florida look to:
Chuluota Sportsmens Club Hunter Pistol, Smallbore Rifle, Smallbore and Pistol Cartridge Lever Action sihouette
http://chuluotasportsmensclub.com/
Seminole County Gun and Archery Club IHMSA style, Lever action and pistol cartridge silhouette
https://www.scgaa.org/
Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club Smallbore rifle and Smallbore lever silhouette
www.grpc-jax.com/

Mary
tekakatahi@juno.com
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Number10GI
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Number10GI »

Thanks all, especially Mary. We're making the trek to The Villages on the 3d of Sep to look around. The ranges to shoot silhouette really make the move more palatable and there is a range in Okala where I can do other shooting. Most silhouette matches are a lot shorter drive time than what I'm doing right now.
Number10GI
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Number10GI »

The wife and I have made the decision to move to Florida, not sure when that will be as we have to sell our house in Tennessee. Contacted two of the ranges and have received one response so far and am looking forward to shooting at that range.