Topeka KS lever action silhouette

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Topeka KS lever action silhouette

Post by pistolero45 »

I'm hoping someone can provide some basic info.

I'd like to venture over to Topeka, KS and shoot lever action silhouette. However, that club's website does not give the important details such as start times, entry fees, etc. And I have had no luck contacting the match director. The only info I can find are the match dates.

Does anyone shoot at Topeka? Can you help? Thanks.
Mark
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Topeka KS lever action silhouette

Post by snaketail2 »

Send a PM to Jim Luke (AKA JohnHenry). He should be able to give you the details.
I haven't shot there since I moved back to Texas, but it is a nice range and Jim hold a good match.
Here is an alternate way to contact Jim http://www.capitalcitygunclub.com/contact.htm
Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by JohnHenry »

Pistolero, sorry I haven't got back to you until now. I've just finished 11 straight days of match shooting at the Whittington Center. Now, about the matches at Topeka. The next match is August 11, Saturday.

Capital City Gun Club, Topeka, KS. The range is located just west of Topeka on I-70. Take the Valencia Rd exit. At the stop sign go across the intersection and take the outer road parallel to I-70 to the top of the hill where you turn right. Go to the first intersection and turn left. The range is located about 1/4 mile down the road on the right. The gate will be open by approx. 7:30 AM. Robert Henningsen is running the match this month, since I will still be in New Mexico. The match usually starts at 9 AM. It's best to arrive no later than 8am, so you can sign in and familiarize yourself with the facility.

We shoot the rifle caliber matches out to 200 meters, the smallbore and pistol caliber matches to 100 meters. It is a nice range with little wind. Bring a lunch as we usually have a 30 minute break after the first two matches. Water will be provided.

The cost to shoot all three rifles is $20. We will waive the NRA book (cost $13) if you want. If you buy one, then you can get classified if you are not already.

Bring a pair of binoculars for spotting.

We welcome you to our match. Robert will help you with any questions. We want you to have a good time.

I've sent you a voice mail with my cell # if you need further info.

Jim Luke
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by JohnHenry »

Pistolero, sorry I haven't got back to you until now. I've just finished 11 straight days of match shooting at the Whittington Center. Now, about the matches at Topeka. The next match is August 11, Saturday.

Capital City Gun Club, Topeka, KS. The range is located just west of Topeka on I-70. Take the Valencia Rd exit. At the stop sign go across the intersection and take the outer road parallel to I-70 to the top of the hill where you turn right. Go to the first intersection and turn left. The range is located about 1/4 mile down the road on the right. The gate will be open by approx. 7:30 AM. Robert Henningsen is running the match this month, since I will still be in New Mexico. The match usually starts at 9 AM. It's best to arrive no later than 8am, so you can sign in and familiarize yourself with the facility.

We shoot the rifle caliber matches out to 200 meters, the smallbore and pistol caliber matches to 100 meters. It is a nice range with little wind. Bring a lunch as we usually have a 30 minute break after the first two matches. Water will be provided.

The cost to shoot all three rifles is $20. We will waive the NRA book (cost $13) if you want. If you buy one, then you can get classified if you are not already.

Bring a pair of binoculars for spotting.

We welcome you to our match. Robert will help you with any questions. We want you to have a good time.

I've sent you a voice mail with my cell # if you need further info.

Jim Luke
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pistolero45 »

Thanks for the info! I missed your call this morning as I was at the range getting sight settings.

We are looking forward to visiting your club and trying the lever action game!
Mark