Dual Purpose Air Rifle

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
TomJ
B Poster
B Poster

Dual Purpose Air Rifle

Post by TomJ »

Good morning - I’d like to purchase an air rifle to practice both rifle silhouette (with scope) and cowboy lever action (aperture sights). The only solution I come up with that would accommodate both types of sights is a 10 meter rifle, such as an Anschutz, FWB, or Walther. Is there anything I’m missing? I’m open to suggestions. Thanks, Tom
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Dual Purpose Air Rifle

Post by acorneau »

So you want to practice with an air rifle that has aperture sights similar to your lever-action rifle but with the ability to pop a scope on and off to simulate your smallbore rifle?

Finding an air rifle that accommodates a scope isn't too difficult, but finding one that has similar sights as your rifle is probably the tougher task. What kind of sights do you have on your lever-action rifle?

Not knowing what you have I'll hazard a potential candidate... take a look at the Air Arms T200 with sights:
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Air_Arms ... ights/2622
Allen Corneau
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Post by richard »

Air rifles are great for practice for other disciplines however air rifle silo is a discipline in and of itself. Consider shooting it. It certainly will not hurt your other shooting interests. Now to answer your question. Almost any air rifle with a grooved receiver will accept a rear aperture sight so you have an infinite number of choices. !0 meter guns are fantastic however if you want a rifle more like the rifles you shoot I suggest a good quality spring gun like a Walther LGU or an HW 97. Either should take a Williams PF peep which is what I use on all of my lever guns. Your choice of telescopic sights is up to you.
Good luck.
Rick Bassett
Richard
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

richard wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:34 am... Almost any air rifle with a grooved receiver will accept a rear aperture sight so you have an infinite number of choices.
But many don't have provisions for a front sight, so make sure the one you're contemplating has both.
Allen Corneau
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

TomJ wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:24 am Good morning - I’d like to purchase an air rifle to practice both rifle silhouette (with scope) and cowboy lever action (aperture sights). The only solution I come up with that would accommodate both types of sights is a 10 meter rifle, such as an Anschutz, FWB, or Walther. Is there anything I’m missing? I’m open to suggestions. Thanks, Tom
HI Tom: I have an Anschutz 8001 ten meter rifle listed in the Market Place forum. The stock has the CMP logo in the side of the stock. The stock is made for a junior shooter. I have added a custom spacer to the rifle. I am 5'10 and the stock fits me. The rifle will come with the custom spacer and all of the original items that came with the rifle, including the factory shipping box. Contact me at kgreen45@bellsouth.net for more information, pictures and any questions. Thanks Ken