Winter Project Advise

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Winter Project Advise

Post by snaketail2 »

I'm a mediocre shooters. But I like to shoot and like the people I shoot with. I have the three necessary rifles, but would like to add another - just for fun.
I'm looking for a Remington 572 .22 pump rifle that I can refinish, lighten the trigger and shoot in smallbore matches.

I have two questions:
A. Has anyone relined the barrel of one? Did you use a "Match" chamber or a "Bentz" chamber or does it matter?
B. Trigger work - can the 572 trigger be worked on with good results, or should I look for a different .22LR pump rifle?

Thank you in advance. I expect to remain a medium shooter, but I also expect to have fun doing it. I think a pump would be a good winter project, I expect to replace/refinish the stock, rework the metal, add sights and maybe reline the barrel (by reline I mean "have someone do it").

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Winter Project Advise

Post by edgehit »

oh Man, you’ve got an itch to scratch. Go for it.
- Joe
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Winter Project Advise

Post by snaketail2 »

Yes Joe, you know how dark and cold the winters are in Rockport.
M
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."