Scope Height

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Kujones
B Poster
B Poster

Scope Height

Post by Kujones »

I want to rate my scope about 1/4". I'm currently using BKL High Scope rings and have their risers but the combination is about 1/4" too high. I'm having trouble finding either risers or scope rings that will result in a net raising of 1/4".

Any thoughts?
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Scope Height

Post by atomicbrh »

Look at the Morr Accuracy "the edge" standard height rings. They should be shorter than the BKL riser/ring combination but slightly higher than a BKL 257H high ring. Bad thing is they are a much higher price than the BKL rings.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

The BKL high rings are 1" above the receiver (0.975"), the risers with the medium rings puts it at 1.45" above the receiver. No middle ground there from BKL's offerings. You'll have to look at a different solution if you want to get to 1.25".

You could look at a DIP dovetail-to-Weaver rail and then find some Weaver-style rings to get to the 1.25", but it would take some research to find the right combo to get you there.
Allen Corneau
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

atomicbrh wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:14 pm Look at the Morr Accuracy "the edge" standard height rings. They should be shorter than the BKL riser/ring combination but slightly higher than a BKL 257H high ring. Bad thing is they are a much higher price than the BKL rings.
The Edge rings are listed at 1.45" from receiver to centerline of the scope. Assuming a 1" scope tube that means a height of 0.95" between receiver and bottom of the scope tube.

Edge tall rings are listed as 0.1" taller than the regular, so 1.05".
Allen Corneau
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

You didn't mention the stock you are running. If the comb isn't at the limit you could get 1/4" craft foam/sponge rubber and make a cheek pad for your comb. Raising it 1/4" and fix your problem on the cheep...
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Kujones
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Kujones »

I'm shooting a CZ American stock with an aftermarket comb that sits right at borderline. Trying for a heads-up position and having to crawl down with the current set up.