weaver classic V

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
p14shooter
B Poster
B Poster

weaver classic V

Post by p14shooter »

Back to asking questions.

As it seems that I will not be able to get the votex I was looking for my options close off a bit. I can not seem to find any dots here in Canada by any manufacturer within the spec range I am looking for. Either the magnification is to low, or the objective is to big. Has anyone used http://www.weaveroptics.com/optics/rifl ... classic_v/ with the varmiter reticle Seems like that is the closest I will get to a dot. I read here that a dot is the way to go, but there must be good people out there who are using crosshairs. Am I too hung up on a dot? I am using crosshair now on a 3-9 and am getting along fine seeing on the chicks and pigs, but then it does get difficult after that of course. Just trying to get one I can use without having to experiment to much. If this is a good way to go hopefully I can find someone here to get it for me. If not, I am afraid that I will be forced to use a cross hair weather I like it or not.

Paul
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: weaver classic V

Post by acorneau »

Paul,

I have a V-24 with the Varminter retical on my TX200 air rifle and it's a good compromise to getting a true crosshair and dot. The thicker parts of the crosshair are thinner than on a traditional duplex, and the thinner parts aren't too thin to see. The dot is pretty small but I just use the crosshairs.

Weavers are known to track well and all mine have been solid (V-16, V-24, T-16, T-24). Also, all mine actually indicate correctly when adjusting the AO, something a lot of other scope manufacturers can't seems to get right (Including Leupold).

The only drawback to the V-24 scope is the 1/8 MOA adjustments and the slightly smaller viewing size, otherwise it's a solid scope to try out.
Allen Corneau
topclass
A Poster
A Poster

Post by topclass »

I've used the Weaver V-16 successfully - model number 849410. It has 1/4" adjustments, a target dot on crosshairs. It tracks well, has good glass and comes back to zero.
Canon82
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Canon82 »

Will a t24 withstand a tx200 springer and how about a pcp air rifle ?
Thanks
Scott
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

I believe it will be ok on a springer. A PCP doesn't have any real recoil to worry about.
Allen Corneau
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Try Optical Services for the dot you want in your scope. They did a great job on mine. They will NOT take ther bump out of your Leupold.
Phone 915-740-4290
www.targetshooteroptics.com
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Weaver has stated that their product line is not rated for Springer air rifles like the TX200. You see people using Weaver scopes on Springers but it is not recommended by the manufacturer. Surprisingly the UTG scopes have been solid performers and trouble free on our Springers. There is a detailed discussion on the "gateway to airguns" forum about conversations with Weaver customer service reps who state that their techs can easily determine when a scope has been on a Springer and that warranty will not be honored. Weaver did state that their rimfire classic series is the only Springer rated scope in their product line.