Big Changes

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Big Changes

Post by cslcAl »

DavidABQ,
Thanks the simplest thing to do. Send them in then you’ll be good to go.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Are we using books this year or not? WTF is going on? This has been hanging out there for a couple years now. Get off the dime and make a bold decision NRA.
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

Jerry G wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:33 am Are we using books this year or not? WTF is going on? This has been hanging out there for a couple years now. Get off the dime and make a bold decision NRA.
Decisions been made and being implemented.

I think it is pretty clear from this thread and the responses from Aaron Farmer that there will be no more score books. Competitors who wish to be classified with the card system need to send in a copy or have a match director send in a copy of their score book for each discipline they shoot and the NRA will issue a classification card. Your NRA# is your ID#. If your not a NRA member they will assign you a competitor number.

The only thing not ready to go yet is the online score reporting. When that is up and running each registered tournament will get a unique access code for the MD to login and enter the tournament scores.
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

Easy does it. There's an ongoing discussion with Aaron regarding the need and practicality of sending in score pages for each discipline. Quite frankly just like with the books, the match director checked your classification and in this transition the match director should be able to 'certify' both the score for that match and the competitors class.....sending in your scores may cause that to be the paradigm for the transition. After the start up the score history will develop. Aaron is waiting for the front office to launch the webpage etc. He's also been looking into www.practiscore.com ....which the IDPA, Three Gun, Uspsa guys use to keep scores and sign ups
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

When I sent mine and my wifes info to Aaron I sugested he just put me in Master all the way across in everything I shoot. I am still "officially" AA in air rifle but that is my own fault for not shooting it more. I am Master in over half of the classes I shoot anyway so it'd just be less screwing around when I shoot that last master score I need in several of them.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:49 am Easy does it. There's an ongoing discussion with Aaron regarding the need and practicality of sending in score pages for each discipline. Quite frankly just like with the books, the match director checked your classification and in this transition the match director should be able to 'certify' both the score for that match and the competitors class.....sending in your scores may cause that to be the paradigm for the transition. After the start up the score history will develop. Aaron is waiting for the front office to launch the webpage etc. He's also been looking into www.practiscore.com ....which the IDPA, Three Gun, Uspsa guys use to keep scores and sign ups
Per my discussions with Aaron, and until I hear anything else officially from the NRA, we will send in copies of the score book pages. Our 2019 season has started and I have informed my regular competitors that if they wish to be part of the card classification system they are to provide me copies of the score books or send them directly. I will gladly send in copies for people but I have no intention of making a list with everyone's name, address, email, ID# and classifications.
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

One does what one must. Since your season's started is there an online reporting site?
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:55 pm One does what one must. Since your season's started is there an online reporting site?
Not yet. Aaron said to mail in our scores until the system was up and running. I have no idea how they will correlate any of that to each competitor prior to issuing classification cards and ID#'s for those without NRA #s. I may just sit on the scores and do the score reporting once the online system is active.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

jbolt wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:09 pm
Snake wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:55 pm One does what one must. Since your season's started is there an online reporting site?
Not yet. Aaron said to mail in our scores until the system was up and running. I have no idea how they will correlate any of that to each competitor prior to issuing classification cards and ID#'s for those without NRA #s. I may just sit on the scores and do the score reporting once the online system is active.
Your emailing everything to Aaron? Competitors classifications and match scores?

My match this month I will probably take a picture of peoples books who want me to but will give them Aaron address and suggest they do it for themselves.

I'm going to assume a picture of the score sheet will suffice for the match results....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I emailed Aaron photos of my score book showing my scores and classifications.

I hope I didn’t screw up. Even if I did I bet they can fix it next year at Nationals. **==
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

cedestech wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:54 pm
jbolt wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:09 pm
Your emailing everything to Aaron? Competitors classifications and match scores?

My match this month I will probably take a picture of peoples books who want me to but will give them Aaron address and suggest they do it for themselves.

I'm going to assume a picture of the score sheet will suffice for the match results....
From Aaron - "There should be a tournament reporting form that you would fill out and then you would attach your results of your match."

I have not received that form nor is it on the NRA tournament site to download (if it even exists at this time) so at this point I have no idea how we submit scores, hence I will most likely just wait on sending in scores for now.

So far I have received two official email address.

AFarmer@nrahq.org

tournrpts@nrahq.org

I assume the latter is for score reporting.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Fun times....

I was thinking how this is going to shake out and if we have to report match scores for every competitor after every match.... wow..... some of us will have 15 - 30 individual competitor numbers to enter with a score at home after every monthly match.... WAY easier then jotting down a score in a book at the match....

(insert eye roll here....)
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I sure am glad this is running so smooth. I was concerned no one whould know what was happening. Has anyone heard what the cost to the competetor is going to be?
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

Jerry G wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:02 am Has anyone heard what the cost to the competetor is going to be?
From Aaron - "2019 There will be no fees collected. In 2020 there may be a per shooter per tournament fee and that would be turned in to the NRA Competitive Shooting Division. This is the same place that you would send in any payments that you received for the score record books."
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Jerry G wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:02 am I sure am glad this is running so smooth. I was concerned no one whould know what was happening. Has anyone heard what the cost to the competetor is going to be?
I believe you forgot to use the sarcasm fount... (unless you are serious... :-\ )