2019 CBC Championships

This is what we do.
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

2019 CBC Championships

Post by sdwooster »

CBC 2019 Match Program short.doc
Well, its getting to be time to get this out. We are having our 28th 2019 CBC Championship match on April 27th & 28th at the PeEll Sportsmens Club. Don't know for sure, but this might be the longest running smallbore silhouette match in the US. Not including state matches. So if you are planning to attend please send your entry's in. Remember I use the entry money to purchase the loot!!!! Also our golden number is 120 competitors. So if you snooze you will lose. Looking forward to seeing everybody.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 2019 CBC Championships

Post by acorneau »

I'm making a bigger effort to try to go to the biggest and best matches this next year, and this one is on my list.

Any words of wisdom about travel arrangements for someone that would be flying in? Things such as... Fly in to Portland or Seattle? Is rental car the only option to get from Portland/Seattle to Pe Ell? Etc.

Thanks for any insider info you can offer.
Allen Corneau
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Have you ever seen Pe Ell? Rental car is definitely the only way there for out-of-staters......
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
Pete
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Pete »

PDX is a very user friendly airport. 2 hours to Pe Ell, light traffic.
Pete (Pm me with questions)
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

OnaginOffagin wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:27 pm Have you ever seen Pe Ell?
Nope, never been.

Missed out on Nationals this year (drivable from Houston) and next year's is in PA (nope on driving) so I'm psyching myself up for learning how to fly to shoot in these big matches.

To that end, I managed to get the super-duper flight case from Pelican (1750?) from Costco for a really good price so I think I'm committed to using it!
:D
Allen Corneau
curmudgeon
B Poster
B Poster

Post by curmudgeon »

acorneau wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:21 pm Any words of wisdom about travel arrangements for someone that would be flying in?
Allen, I'm not a local, but enjoyed my trip to Pe Ell immensely a few years ago. If you can afford the time, highly recommend taking the long way to Pe Ell from PDX - grab a rental car at the airport and head West to Tillamook (stop at the cheese outlet), and then spend a day, or 2 or 3, enjoying the coast North to Raymond and then East to Pe Ell. Cannon Beach is pretty special.

Closest accommodation will be more than 1/2 hour away in Chehalis or Centralia. My daughter and I stayed at the Relax Inn; clean, inexpensive, and very basic.

enjoy!
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Fly to portland, not seatrac, meet a friend there and rent a car. Rent a motel in Chehalis or Centralia. The 30 mile drive to PeEll is not bad as long as you have a cup of coffee to sip on and someone to tlak to. Take your best ammo, it is the cheepest part of your trip. They sell lunch there at the range. Not real good but not bad either.

I have made that trip for about 20 years now........ it is worth it.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

It's me again...

Can anyone give me a general sense of what time everything is all wrapped on Sunday? I'm checking into flights and would like to know if I can reasonably catch a Sunday evening flight or if I would need to stay an extra night to fly back home on Monday.

Thanks.
Allen Corneau
Pete
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Pete »

Figure being on the road 4:30 to 5 pm. Add 2 hours back to PDX then a 9 pm flight. Then add on a 2 hour time change to Huston.
Most people get a hotel around PDX then head home in the morning.
Hope you can make it.
Pete (I can see PDX from my house, pm me if you have further questions)
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Well, I've gone and done it... sent in my registration.

Gotta start narrowing in on flights, hotel, and rental car arrangements now.

$-)
Allen Corneau
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Flights and room booked!

If anyone needs some logistical support or a ride...

- I'm flying into Portland about noon on Friday and will drive right to the range for some afternoon practice.
- Flying out Monday about noon so driving back down to Portland Monday morning.
- Staying on the south side of Chehalis in an Air B&B.

If that lines up with anyone else's plans and you want to share a car or could use a ride just let me know.

:ymparty:
Allen Corneau
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

When is 2020 CBC?
Bucket list.