Topeka Matches?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Topeka Matches?

Post by lijeboy »

Hey Jim Luke aka Joh Henry

What's the schedule for the Topeka Kansas matches this year? We are preparing our calendar of possible matches to attend. Are you going to have a regional? How about that clinic you proposed last year?
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Topeka Matches?

Post by JohnHenry »

Hi, Jeanie. I have passed the baton to Robert Henningsen. We have purchased a place in Phoenix so that will be our winter home. Summers for the foreseeable future will be spent at the Whittington Center. So we won't be in Kansas except for 2 to 3 months of the year. I can't run the Topeka matches with this nomadic life we have now. Fortunately, Robert wants to take the helm and I'm sure with his enthusiasm, the matches will continue. Match dates are 2nd Saturday of the month staring in March and ending in October. I didn't pursue a regional match because there was little interest in it on the local level.

Have to say I'm disappointed you're not having the Sooner Lever Gun Match this Fall, but I understand maybe you are tired of running it. It was sure fun while it lasted.
Jim
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

JohnHenry wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:09 pm I didn't pursue a regional match because there was little interest in it on the local level.

Have to say I'm disappointed you're not having the Sooner Lever Gun Match this Fall, but I understand maybe you are tired of running it. It was sure fun while it lasted.
Jim
Jim, we have found there is little interest on the local lever generally because it involves work, which in turn require dedication by the match directors to dig in and get it done if there's to be a match at all.

But we ARE having the Sooner Classic, in September, as usual. Let's don't start rumors.

In addition, Glenn and I are having a BPCR regional, local monthly matches for both lever action and BPCR, and I am running three national matches for the NRA. While maybe I am a little tired of running matches at times, I am dedicated to making sure they don't die and shooters have a good match to attend and enjoy themselves.

But it is fun to go to matches at other venues where we can just shoot and have fun, but they are few and far between.
Last edited by lijeboy on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

lijeboy wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:40 pm
JohnHenry wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:09 pm I didn't pursue a regional match because there was little interest in it on the local level.

Jim
Jim, we have found there is little interest on the local lever generally because it involves work, which in turn require dedication by the match directors to dig in and get it done if there's to be a match at all.

But we ARE having the Sooner Classic, in September, as usual. Let's don't start rumors.

In addition, Glenn and I are having a BPCR regional, and I am running three national matches for the NRA. While maybe I am a little tired of running matches at times, I am dedicated to making sure they don't die and shooters have a good match to attend and enjoy themselves.

But it is fun to go to matches at other venues where we can just shoot and have fun, but they are few and far between.
Everyone loves to eat but no one wants to cook....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

cedestech wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:08 pm
lijeboy wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:40 pm

Jim

In addition, Glenn and I are having a BPCR regional, and I am running three national matches for the NRA. While maybe I am a little tired of running matches at times, I am dedicated to making sure they don't die and shooters have a good match to attend and enjoy themselves.

Everyone loves to eat but no one wants to cook....
True dat, Emmett
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Hey. There is some mighty fine food at the Coop Shoot!!! Y’all come. Matter of fact, I’m understanding that there will be the best Apple pie 🥧 that one could ever expect.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

My son moved in with his girlfriend or what ever they call themselves last summer in Ozawkie KS....

The high today is 13.

No, just no....

Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by JohnHenry »

Jeanie, do you have the match dates for the Sooner Classic this year?