Logistics for Ridgway

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Logistics for Ridgway

Post by 44 mag »

Tom, you are correct we do off free camping at the SB/HP range’s. But you are mistaken in the hook ups. There is electric hook ups that are being upgraded as we speak at the club house as well as further out in the parking lot where we installed news polls last year. As for water there are water hook ups at the SB range at the club house and out in the parking lot. We will also be putting in a dump station to dump RV tanks in the spring. This is all first come first serve and is free of charge. We donot have water hook ups at the hp range but there is electric up there. There are 2 showers at the sb range as well. Again if anyone has any questions pm me your number and i will call you.
Mike Haynes MD
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Once again Ridgway shows they are a first class shooting club. Now I'm going to,need an RV!
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

A few more questions...

1a. The Saturday warm-up match; is it in the morning, afternoon, all day?
1b. Will the range be open for practice outside of the practice match (late afternoon/evening)?

2. The clinic: is it in the morning, afternoon, all day?

Thanks.
Allen Corneau
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Not sure what time, but the format usually is both guns are run simultaneously. (warmup match only) There's only one match run that day. Meaning if you want to shoot Std and Htr you'll be shooting them one after another in the same match. So if there's 4 relays you can alternate with your spotter.
Maybe Mike can answer the other questions.
ppkny
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

The clinic runs a few hrs in the morning. Yes the range is open after the days activities are over. As to the warm up match. This is 1 40 shot match with hunter and standard. There will be 4 relays so you and your spotter can both shoot. It usually is over in the early afternoon. The range will open each morning at 8am. Mike Haynes MD
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Ok, airline tickets locked in. Flying in Friday so I can do the practice match; flying out later that Wednesday so I can attend the clinic.

I actually found my best deal flying from Houston to Pittsburg on United. Pittsburg's airport is only 13 miles farther than Buffalo's airport (by Google Maps account).

My poor credit card sure is getting a workout. x_x
Last edited by acorneau on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allen Corneau
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

For those that have some extra time while at the Nationals in Ridgway a trip to the Grice Gun Shop https://www.gricegunshop.com/
in Clearfield, PA is a definite must do.
ppkny
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Ridgway shortcut:
If you're coming to the Ridgway club from the north via Rt# 219 here's a short cut that will save you 20/30 minuets depending on traffic through Johnsonburg and Ridgway. The image probably will not print very good (kept it small per the guidelines) . If you want a printable image please pm me.
ppkny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Thanks Pete. I always came down 219 and its a boring road too.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member