2007 Southern National Air and Smallbore Rifle Silhouette

This is what we do.
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Limeaux,

"She still has steam coming out her ears, and talks about my moronic southern friends....LOL"

Moronic southern friends, she married you, should have saw that coming from way back, if you ride the short bus to school don't lick the chocolate off the windows.

Them dawgs is still in my trash, look for a call soon.........LMAO

I don't get mad, I get mongo a milk jug
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

mongo is my guard dog, watches the tent flap closely
Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

Well I hope you keep him on a tight leash!!!![/quote]
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

His bark is worse than his bite
Innocent

slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

Innocent.
I
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jwilli
Unclassified Poster

Post by jwilli »

David: Gun owners rights not withstanding, the NRA is simply a lobbying force. The main thrust is to be a political entity; gun control happens to provide the biggest wheels. It is simply assumed that the membership will continue to pay dues and contribute.

They ( The NRA) forget that a highhanded attitude only alienates people. When that happens to enough people there are less members to provide the money to run the show. It would not be out of the realm of reality that a new shooter's organization could be formed that was dedicated to the competetive shooter. Such organization could then hold Regional, State and National matches for titles and trophys replacing the NRA competetion wing and relieving the NRA of a stepchild they obviously would rather not deal with.

Last year at Winnsboro Don Strickland intimated right off the post that the NRA wasn't going to provide dollars for a good show for the '06 US Airgun Silhouette Nationals. I had a conversation with him after the crowd had cleared and told him that the NRA had a reputation for running a s--t match for big bucks. In addition it was explained that if the NRA really had an interest in running a national match that it had to be a first class show or else folks just would't come back. Apparently the competetive shooter base in the NRA does not represent enough monies to warrant anything other than lip service from the executive commitee.

The Southern Nationals are the real deal for small bore and can be for airgun also, regardless of the NRA.

See you in June.

Jwilli
papabear
A Poster
A Poster

Unclassified shooter

Post by papabear »

Where can I get classified before the June 2007 for Airgun.
Florida would be a good place to start, but not sure where.
PaPaBeAr

I'm confused...
Wait...
Maybe I am not.
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

Papabear

They were shooting air silhouette at Malabar. Innocent would know. Also might try Jacksonville.

Also - Notice the Georgia spelling of silhoute above.

Later
Gator
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Please pardon an ignorant Bear, but why is the NRA disinterested in competitive shooting? As available hunting lands continue to diminish they should recognize this as a growth industry and work actively to promote it - there's more to gun ownership than right-to-carry. Righteous chest thumping about the Second Amendment may get attention, but a cadre of involved shooters is more constructive and less threatening to the gun phobics that do live amongst us.

How many Chambers of Commerce would help promote silhouette matches? We're a genial bunch will to spend unrealistic amounts of money on something we enjoy! Seems like something any local promoter would happily help with! If the NRA bureaucracy is indifferent, there are other ways to have a party.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

papabear
If you have problems getting classified I'm sure David will be happy for any of us to run a match on the Thursday morning as a pratice match, you can get classified then.
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Post by duckgumbo »

The match for air rifle will be Thursday and Friday morning. We will run an approved match on Wednesday afternoon for all unclassified shooters. More details will follow in a seperate thread as soon as I hear from Don Strickland as to how the committee decided on giving us back the Nationals.

Personally, I do not look for anything to happen and regardless, we are 99 44/100 % decided on going with approved matches. I met with the Louisiana Tourism Commission last week and we will still get all our funds regardless of what the NRA does.
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

Great..
If you want me to run the match Dave, just say the word, as usual i will turn up sometime in May...LOL
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Dave and Limey,
He guys, I'll be there and pitching in anyway I can whenever for the air rifle as well. May sounds good to me!!
Innocent

slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

He Guys?
In this day and age I suppose a "He Guy is pretty good"
Hey I
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Limeaux,

Better than the alternitive she guys

Dude look like a lady
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg