Taco Hold Front Sight Hood

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Taco Hold Front Sight Hood

Post by frankmako »

I am trying to setup two Contenders for the metallic sights Hunter Pistol and smallbore Hunter Pistol matches. I am looking for two Aubrey Adcock "Taco" hold front sight hoods. Does anyone here know where I can find any or have one for sale. What are my options for a backup plan if I can not find any? What other type/make that will fit the bill? I will use the Williams FP-TK rear sight on the Contenders.
rr1220
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Taco Hold Front Sight Hood

Post by rr1220 »

ken light mfg. and steve martens of what he use to call daisy gun sights I believe also maybe e.a. brown
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

i fount the ken light, but it looks like it is a hood and rail system. i might have to go with it, but don't want the rail part. but the hood part is the size i like. the steve martens web site is not working. (recheck again and now it is working) the brown 5 inch model could fit, but it looks like you need the "bond" front sight to go with the hood. they are on back order. does anybody here have a adcock hood they want to sale?
Steve Tapp
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Steve Tapp »

Call Ken light He made front sights without the rail system .
jmdavis45
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jmdavis45 »

I can't help with the hood. I have been able to find one of the Strictly Adon hoods on a 22 lr barrel. But having shot one of Aubrey's pistols this weekend for a match (due to a problem with mine), I can tell you that it used the TC silhouette sight with an aperture rather than a blade and I think that method works better than the Williams. It is certainly simpler.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

i have found one adcock hood set and it works well. i also gotten a steve martens front hood set and it works well too. both front sight/hood are paired with a williams back sight.
jmdavis45
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jmdavis45 »

Frank,

Mine pistol has a Williams too. But I do really like that TC silhouette sight with the peep rather than the blade. It was much easier to use for the match than the Williams, in my opinion. The Williams will work, it's just a lot more clicking.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

i got the williams with merit aperture on several t/c and marlins lever guns for matches. i put in a gibs lock screw to make it easy to make sight adjustment. also i put a piece of tape the side and mark a line for each animal. no click counting, just line up the marks.
RBriscoe
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by RBriscoe »

Get in touch with Ken Light. He was early to this requirement and will fix you up.