Neck sizing, full length....what?

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Neck sizing, full length....what?

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Do most HP experts neck size, or do they full-length....? I only have one gun, a factory rifle at that, and I've been neck-sizing only..... it seems if you only use one rifle, you can fire-form your cases, neck size only, and get more utility from your brass....but I've been wrong before.....
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
DennisC
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Neck sizing, full length....what?

Post by DennisC »

I tend to get first two or three firings neck only, after that FL bout every other firing, just enough so bolt's not sticky.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

If your full length die is set properly for one chamber you will only work the neck on your brass. If you have it screwed down to far you will push she shoulder back every time you size the brass. Saves you from buying 2 sets of dies.
Joaquin B
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Joaquin B »

Better yet, using a Lee collet neck sizer die will minimize work hardening of the sized case necks. I found that by using this die for neck-sizing .260 Remington brass, the cases will go up to 5 reloads before annealing is required. Once annealing is done, a full-length resizing removes any distortion.
Joaquin B