norma Match .22LR

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
powding
B Poster
B Poster

norma Match .22LR

Post by powding »

Would like to know results of anyone trying this in a match grade barrel. Midsouth is advertising it for $400 a half case.

Thanks - powding
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: norma Match .22LR

Post by xpilot »

Shoots very well in my 40XB. Not a "match" barrel, but better results than Center-X, SK Rifle Match.
EQ Guy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by EQ Guy »

In my 1712 Norma Tac 22 shoots about the same as Norma Match at 100 yards. Mid South wants $495 per full case for Tac 22.
Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Boyd L. »

EQ Guy wrote:... Mid South wants $495 per full case for Tac 22.
Interesting. I can't find that on their website. Care to share how to access this info.?
powding
B Poster
B Poster

Post by powding »

website URL

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/i ... ns+go+boom

They may charge more for school principals.
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

TAC shot slightly better for me than Match in about 4/4 Anschutz rifles and a CZ455 with a Lilja. Could just be the lot, TAC is good stuff for now. Midprice ammo tends to get worse as it stays on the market. Maybe the tooling gets old, or they pump up the line. SK is now not good enough to buy. TAC is the best substitute.
Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Boyd L. »

Ron,
Yes I found that link. I was referring to the $495.00 per case for Tac-22 that was referenced above. Not saying its not there....I'm just having my usual internet luck finding it.

powding wrote:They may charge more for school principals.
Just a happily retired public servant. I hope you got a chance to shoot at the NC state match.
EQ Guy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by EQ Guy »

Boyd L. wrote:
EQ Guy wrote:... Mid South wants $495 per full case for Tac 22.
Interesting. I can't find that on their website. Care to share how to access this info.?
It looks like it is no longer on sale as I purchased a case last week for $495 plus shipping. Their current price is $62.58 per brick. My case arrives tomorrow. Maybe I should have ordered 2 cases.
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

powding
B Poster
B Poster

Post by powding »

ter,
What size groups and distance do you get with the TAC and Match lots?

Boyd,
I'll be at TN State Match in August. I did make the NC State. My first match in four years.
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

I had 4 rifles and my friend Kerry had 3. I do not have pics, but the rule was Center X was the best in most or all the guns, and Tac was a hair behind. We had something like the 6 most likely ammo choices, and those 2 were on top. Neat that the results were pretty uniform with all the variables. Next day I ordered a case for us based on that test. I actually thought TAC was a really good release. Good as or better than when RWS rifle or Wolf was the surprising affordable quality ammo.
Adding, tests were at 100 yards.
EQ Guy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by EQ Guy »

ter wrote:Champions Shooter Supply 495 case

http://www.championshooters.com/index.p ... Itemid=111
I must have had a senior moment as I purchased my case from Champions Shooters supply, not Midsouth. I will me 71 in 2 weeks so that is my excuse.
Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Boyd L. »

EQ Guy wrote:
ter wrote:Champions Shooter Supply 495 case

http://www.championshooters.com/index.p ... Itemid=111
I must have had a senior moment as I purchased my case from Champions Shooters supply, not Midsouth. I will me 71 in 2 weeks so that is my excuse.
I've suffered from CRS for years according to my wife. She also thinks age is irrelevant in my case.

I usually buy my SK Standard Plus from Champion Shooters. It looks like TAC is next.
Thanks for the link.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

I just got a couple bricks in the mail of the Norma Tac-22. I'm gonna see how it shoots in my 2007/2013 compared to SK rifle match. I know the Rifle Match will produce groups under .4' at 100 yards in this rifle on a good day, so if the Norma can get close to that for a lower price, I'll be pretty happy.
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

This is fairly representative of how the Norma match shoots out of my CPA with the Douglas barrel. 22bpcr silhouette ram at 200 meters,shot prone off cross ticks, 23 inch MVA scope.