norma Match .22LR

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
powding
B Poster
B Poster

Re: norma Match .22LR

Post by powding »

Don
Nice shooting. Is that with the Match or TAC-22?
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

Thanks, that's the Match in the white box. The TAC works very well to the pig line (100 meters) but none of the TAC we've shot seems to be consistent at the turkeys and the rams. But shooting regular 22 silhouette I would think the TAC would be great ammo if your rifle likes it.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

Well, testing the Norma Tac-22 was somewhat of a waste. It would group well for 4 shots and then put a round a couple inches low. I thought the ammo wouldn't be worth my time. I decided to test some more of the Federal Match (RWS) that shot well before. It would group better, but still had low impacts every 5-10 rounds.

I believe that I didn't get the torque right in the barrel tenion bolts the last time I removed the barrel. So I will have to remove and then reinstall the barrel, and play with the torque settings. Once it starts shooting the way it use to, I'll re test this Norma ammo.
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

There are some folks shooting the TAC ammo in 22 bpcr that have made it to AAA in short order. It never really seemed to want to do very well on the rams, only so so on the turkeys. But as I said before it's pure death on pigs and chickens. It's also great in 50 ft bullseye.
TangoBob
B Poster
B Poster

Post by TangoBob »

your best bet would be to try a box of 50 and test it at what distances you'll be shooting. Smallbore rifles can be fussy about what they like.
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CamP »

Midway has Norma Match for $40 a brick right now.
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by xpilot »

At that price...hard to beat.
MTelkhunter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by MTelkhunter »

Midway has Norma Match at 39.99 a brick as of today...December, 27, 2017. I shoot a lot of Norma Tac and find it to be pretty good practice ammo. I believe that Norma Match has better quality control and should shoot a touch better. Maybe I am used to 2016 prices, but this seems to be a good buy.
https://www.midwayusa.com/
SSShooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SSShooter »

Have found that Norma Match benefits by weight-sorting into 0.1gr lots. Tightens groups from my rifle considerably. YMMV.