Why the oddball calibers in high power silhouette?

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Why the oddball calibers in high power silhouette?

Post by Jerry G »

I'll get you this fall at the CO state shoot.
BlackestBart
B Poster
B Poster

Post by BlackestBart »

The record for RAMS by a gal was done with a 722 actioned 7MM-TCU with 168 Sierras and a 24 inch medium sporter weight Douglas air gauged barrel with 1 in 9 twist. Hodgdon H335, 26.8 grains and a CCI 450 primer. Since it was done in 1995, I think it proves as I have witnessed since the late 70's, go to enjoy yourself, shoot well and the Rams will fall even with smaller cartridges. I have seen many Rams left standing with .308, 30-06 and .270 rounds. Let me ask the guy shooting pigs with the magnum how much target damage was done with those Magnum rounds. This game is not about how hard you can hit them. It is about you holding the dot on the center of the animal offhand and setting it off without leaving the target. A good shot on a ram that does not go down is still a good shot. The shooter did not miss. He or she succeeded and that is what it is about.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Tell me who can shoot a 40 round match with big cal guns? A 270 took out a 230 pound 18 year old at a match I was at. He quit after 30 shots.