Hello

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

Hutch

Appears you are in Warner Robbins, GA. We have 2 more matches here in Hiawassee, GA this year. They will be on Sundays, 23 September and 28 October. That is about the closest other than Reedy River in SC (4th Saturday) and a couple on the Birmingham area.

I also have matches left this year in Chattanooga on the third Saturday of October and November.

There also are matches in Brunswick which are on their website: http://www.coastalgagunclub.com/index1.html
Check it out on http://www.nrapublications.org/sh.%20sp ... events.asp

On the way to the range to shoot some Cowboy Rifle Silhouette (there
papabear
A Poster
A Poster

Post by papabear »

Hutch,
You have multiple options, none of them cheap( just telling the truth). It may not be cheap but I guarantee you it is worth the money.

Learn from my story.
I started with an old Kimber 82, $ 400 dollars plus $350 dollar scope and scope rings(Burris 12 power)= $ 750.00 first gun
Then I thought I could do better I bought Kimber HS $850.00 and $600 Premier reticle scope plus BKL rings from Coates =1500, second gun
Finally now I shoot a 1712 could have saved all the money and used it for the ammo.
My wife taught me this lesson, " Buy the best equipment you can get your hands on, and stick with it. Because buying cheaper ones will be more expensive in the end"
My wife got a 1712 and a weaver scope and BKL rings for $1900, this is the only rifle she has and she won third place AA at the nationals this year, and I won $13 NRA dollars.......

She is right about buyingthe best, but then you will have "LESS" rifles to mess with :lol:
PaPaBeAr

I'm confused...
Wait...
Maybe I am not.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Papa bear is right. But i still have those first rifles that are fun and my boys use now. Buy the best you can afford and if you upgrade keep around for loaner equipment for your friends.

Kevin
Hutch
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hutch »

Yep - alway had to have the best I could afford at the time. Don't like buying something I need to change in 6 months. And Gator, one of the guys at the range yesterday pull my wife to the side to talk her about Cowboy Rifle Silhouette. She likes lever action (my fault). Good thing I already have those guns. I just like the .22, really don't want to get back into loading all week to burn it up on weekends. Papabear, I'll give Evelio a call and see if its affordable right now. THANKS

I notice at the match Saturday 3 or 4 10/22 with thumb hole stocks. Didn't think you could use them.
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Did someone mention my name????....Hey Hutch, welcome to the group....Most everything you read here about me is true.....I'm nearly a total reprobate, the kind that young ladies momma's warn them not to become involved with...Everyone has a nitch, just has to find and fill it.

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

It is about time you showed up Kitty! You usually court the newbies first but this time you waited until page 3! Slowing up in your dotage?
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

[/quote]I notice at the match Saturday 3 or 4 10/22 with thumb hole stocks. Didn't think you could use them.

Hutch,
In the "heavy", "standard" "silhouette rifle" class it is legal to have thumb hole stocks. Some places require brass deflectors if you are using a semi auto such as the 10/22. Do plan on attending the Georgia states the first weekend in November at Brunswick, details will follow but the food is great and the harrassament is even better.

Innocent Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

Long holiday weekend........Even Kittys' need their rest.....

K
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

Hutch

Where are you shooting in the Macon area? Maybe in the Milledgeville area with McCulleys?

Kitty - I can
Hutch
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hutch »

Going to start at Fortvalley Gun Club just outside Fortvalley Georgia

[quote]I

Post by jneihouse »

The Arkansas State match is going to be the 15th and 16th of September. When are you leaving for PA? Still would like to go.

Kitty
Hutch
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hutch »

Nice to meet you Kitty. Your why I stayed in trouble through and after high school then I married one. Lifes great!!!

Innocent Mary,
I have one I built Boyd stock - Kidd Trigger -Have it set up for Mach2, but I have a barrel skeeter did coming next week. So it should be ready soon. Just got to figure out what ammo to shoot. The good thing is it's going to be my wifes gun. Took her to the match Saturday with me and she wants to shoot (cool). And the better thing is it gives me a reason to buy an Anschutz. Love my reasoning
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

Hutch

Didn't know the Fort Valley club was doing Silhouette. Who is running the matches and when?

Gator
Hutch
B Poster
B Poster

FV

Post by Hutch »

First Saturday of the month @ 0900 hrs rain or shine. The president of the club is Matt, sorry never got he last name. He runs the shoot and the range officer is Fosh Cunningham (last name I think). Saturday was the first time I had ever been there. The Club has been around since 1962, takes about 5-6 years to get a membership. But anybody can shoot the first Sat. I'm still trying. After the rimfire they have Buffalo Match and there trying to start a Cowboy Sil lever action in Dec.
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Hutch,
As for ammo, try several types and different lots of each type. Just as a note , just about anything will hold a good five shot group at 50 meters, test at 100 meters and go for at least five shot groups. Try to bench it in the calm conditions and as close to the same time as possible to eliminate the temperature and wind variables.

As for the 10/22 for the wife....haha, wait til she tries a new Annie.

Good luck, it is addicitve but the food and general harrassment is worth the addicition.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.