SK Standard vs Match

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
Kujones
B Poster
B Poster

SK Standard vs Match

Post by Kujones »

Does anyone see an appreciable difference in accuracy between SK Standard and SK Match?
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: SK Standard vs Match

Post by acorneau »

Factory batch test results are supposed to be better for Match than Standard Plus. By how much is anyone's guess.

I've occasionally used Match for bigger state matches but stick with regular Standard Plus for all club matches and practice.

It's possible I've lost a few points to ammo but I'm sure 99.5% of the time it's all my fault.
Allen Corneau
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pistolero45 »

I've tested both SK Standard and SK Match at 100 meters. In my two rifles, SK Standard Plus shot slightly better than SK Rifle Match.

For about the same money per case, Wolf Match Target shot much better than both SK offerings.

Your results may be different as all firearms seem to have a "preference" when it comes to ammo. And then there are all the other variables such as lot numbers, temperature, wind, humidity, mirage, altitude, shooter, etc, etc. It pays to keep a record of all these things and do testing on different days.

Good luck and have fun!
Mark
Kujones
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Kujones »

So, if Sk and Wolf are manufactured by the same company are the lubricants the same? Could i shoot either without concerns about different lubes?
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Kujones wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:52 am So, if Sk and Wolf are manufactured by the same company are the lubricants the same? Could i shoot either without concerns about different lubes?
Short answer: yes and yes.

They both come off the same line and just get boxed up as SK or Wolf based on what is needed that day.
Allen Corneau