Scope height question

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Varn
A Poster
A Poster

Scope height question

Post by Varn »

The rule states that the bottom of the scope tube can be no higher than 1.5 inches from the top of the action. It occurred to me while looking at a Remington 700 action that the front receiver ring is higher then the rear receiver Bridge. So where would this one and a half inch measurements be taken from? The front receiver ring or the lowest part on the top of the receiver? Maybe Ms. Jeanine can weigh in on how that would be ruled on. Thank you
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Scope height question

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Varn, the top of the front receiver ring is where the 1.5 inches would be measured. That surface is considered the top of the action.
Varn
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Varn »

Thank you for your reply Bob. That is what I was thinking too but it seems like things that should be simple are not always so. The older I get the more I find the less I know. Mark Varner
jbzeus
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jbzeus »

I'm trying to determine what rings and bases for a Remington 700. I thought of Morris Accuracy but at 1.45" a base would make theme too tall for hunter in HP. What are you using???
Toms
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Toms »

I shot silhouette since 1972. I retired master class in Hunter class. I used the weaver see through 1 piece rings. Never had them move, they are super light. And we're just the right height for me. I have several sets for Rem. 700, I would sell for $15.00 plus shipping. They are 1.035" high. Thanks. Tom 307-349-1578 for info.