Armscore .22 Mag ammo

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Armscore .22 Mag ammo

Post by snaketail2 »

Has anyone tried Armscore .22 Mag ammo? Made in the Philippines. Price seems good, but curious about quality/accuracy.
M
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Armscore .22 Mag ammo

Post by Jason »

It was the worst out of 10+ different types that I tried in my Marlin 57M rifle that I used for pistol cartridge matches at the time, which was a few years ago. It was the only one that wouldn't hold a 3" or better center-to-center group for 10 shots at 100 meters, and its group was somewhere around 6" or more. I ended up giving the rest of the brick that I bought to another shooter. It could have gotten better since then, but with 22WMR ammo being so readily available now compared to back then there isn't all that much of a reason to buy more than one 50-count box at most to test or just stick with the known good ammo types.
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

I found the Philippine made Armscor to be less that accurate, and fairly dirty as well. I have 2 bricks of Armscor USA that I have not yet tried. Maybe it will perform better.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

I see, Greg wants me to try it for myself, and report my findings. I think I'll pass on the sale, and take these findings as the final verdict.
Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

I didn't know I offered anything for sale.
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by JohnHenry »

I see that Fiocchi is making .22 Mag at their Ozark, Mo. plant. Has anyone tried it?
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

Jim,
My experience with 22 mag shows me it’s all inconsistent. I had Fiocchi that shot sub moa. Then next bricks 2 moa. Same with CCI and Hornady Critical Defense. I’m sticking with centerfire.
- Joe