JACK HILL IN HOSPITAL

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

JACK HILL IN HOSPITAL

Post by lone ringer »

Most of you that travel to the Nationals know Jack Hill the older gentleman that helps Greg Conner check the rifles. Well apparently he fell down and hit his head a couple of weeks ago and developed a blood cloth in his brain. Yesterday he had an operation to have it removed and is in IC recovering.

I have known Jack since the late 1970's, he is 82 years old and has been shooting silhouettes from the beginning. In the past he worked for Sierra Bullets, Speer and was a vice president of J4 bullet jackets before retiring.

I am in close contact with his family and will keep you informed as his condition changes. Lets keep him in our prayers. Tony Tello
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

My prayers are with him and his family. Great man even better motto....have gun will travel.

Mary Watkins
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Thank you Mary, he has truly enjoyed his retirement and has made an effort to go to the Nationals every year although it was getting harder for him to drive across the country from CA to PA whenever they had the matches at Ridgway.

He also participates in the Sil Black Powder Cartridge and Cowboy National matches and spends several weeks at Raton every year. Lets hope he has a speedy recovery and can continue shooting.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Thanks for letting us know. I will e-mail Jim H. if you haven't done so, and a couple others that do not follow this forum.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Thanks Tony, we were just talking about him at the PA States this last weekend. His in our thoughts and prayers .
Joaquin B
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Joaquin B »

Thank you for the notice, Tony.

Please communicate my best wishes to Jack. He's been very good to me.

Joaquin
Last edited by Joaquin B on Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joaquin B
Joaquin B
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Joaquin B »

Thank you for the notice, Tony.

Please communicate my best wishes to Jack. He's been very good to me.

Joaquin
Joaquin B
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Thank you everyone for your prayers and concern.
I was told Jack had to have a second operation today but do not have all the details. I will keep you informed as I get more information. Tony
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Hello every one, I went to the hospital to see Jack last Saturday and found him asleep. He is not doing well his recovery took a turn for the worse and he has not awaken from a sleeping pill they gave him last Thursday night because he had trouble sleeping the night before. Juanita his wife told me they had done an MRI and found Jack had suffered a massive stroke and his right side was paralyzed. I will keep you posted if anything else develops.
Please keep Jack on your prayers. Tony
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Thanks for the update Tony. I was just thinking about asking if there were any updates... However, I was hoping for better news.