Eley CMP - any recent experiences with it

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Eley CMP - any recent experiences with it

Post by Merlin »

I keep looking at my CMP emails and wondering if the CMP Eley is a better ammunition than CCI Standard for my lever action silhouette ammo. Cost about 30% more - does it shoot any better?

Anyone have any recent experiences/knowledge of this ammunition?
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Eley CMP - any recent experiences with it

Post by Sporty »

I purchased a couple cases of Eley CMP and wouldn't buy anymore. Half of mine were sold to others so they can try it out. None of them purchased more. In fact, they sold their remaining bricks. The rim thickness varied greatly. The bullets on some rounds were not cast well. The bricks each consist of a plastic bag of loose rounds where the wax on the bullets rubbed off onto the brass cases.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Thanks! CCI shoots very well in my 39A and my Cimarron/Uberti so I guess I will just be happy....

Actually CCI shoots MOA in my smallbore gun too. Makes we kinda hesitant to buy CenterX for a half minute improvement....

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

For me it was necessary to clean the chamber thoroughly about every 40 rounds or it became too difficult to close the bolt.
joemo
B Poster
B Poster

Post by joemo »

I purchased my third case around September. I think it shoots pretty good for the price. It shoots better in my bolt guns that CCI std. vel. I haven't compared the two in my lever guns. I also use it in bullseye pistol, and again it shoots better than CCI. Flyers don't seem to be as frequent or large as CCI in my guns. My friends have also had good luck with it. We have been able to find some of the lot numbers on the Ely lot analyzer web site and it is interesting to see all of the performance data. The lots we found were identified as Ely Club on the web site.

I think this is a link to the correct link to the Ely site: https://www.myeley.com/lot-analyser
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

That is a great link joemo..... Thanks!

TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I have a case of it and I get 1.5 inch groups at 100 M with my Anchutz hunter. Good enough for club matches.