22 BPCR Rifle

Front-stuffers, smoke-belchers and .22 BPCR!
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

22 BPCR Rifle

Post by 44 mag »

What is a good gun (scope) for a woman to use in 22 BPCR? My wife is showing some interest in this. She can’t have a real heavy gun as she has some back issues. Mike Haynes
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 22 BPCR Rifle

Post by BrentD »

MVA B5. Light and perfect for the game. Also the best value for your dollar.
Grizz61
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Grizz61 »

Mike, I would suggest either the Winchester or the Uberti Low Walls with a MVA B5 scope. The Uberti's have 30 inch barrels but are still very light. The Winchester's
are by far the lightest.
Grizz

Let's shoot some STEEL!!
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

i thought you were asking about the scope only for some stupid reason. I obviously was rushed. A good low wall or a CPA Stevens would be among my picks.
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

Get a lo wall built with a 2 1/2 weight barrel. Single trigger tuned smooth to 3 lbs or a bit less. If you scope it the MVA B5 in #2 mounts.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Guys:
This has tweaked my interest. Where are they shooting this ? Is Ridgway or near-by clubs doing it? Also,probably looks like a $1500/$2000 cost to get started?
ppkny
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

ppkny wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:07 am Guys:
This has tweaked my interest. Where are they shooting this ? Is Ridgway or near-by clubs doing it? Also,probably looks like a $1500/$2000 cost to get started?
ppkny
I believe I've seen it posted elsewhere that Ridgeway has indeed procured a set of the targets.

Getting started can be about as much money as you want to put into it. If you can find an original Stevens with a good barrel, you can get set up under 1000. I do know of a few folks that started with the modern iteration of the Favorite rifle and simply did a trigger job and added sights to start with.Lots of places to start until you see what direction you want to take further down the road.
Then of course you can move right on up to the various rifles by CPA, DZ, CSA etc..
One of the big things no matter what rifle you start with is to spend a fair amount of time trying various brands of ammo at the 200 meter distance to find the one your particular rifle prefers. It is a bit amazing at how picky they can be past the pig line.
This 22 bcpr thing is a hoot to shoot.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

Ridgway has purchased 3 sets of targets to get started. Waiting on swingers now. We will have them as soon as the guy who makes our targets opens back up. The first match will be held in May. The schedule is on the club web page. Mike Haynes
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

What are the size animals that are used for .22BPCR? Full Scale or 1/2 Scale?
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

They are part way between the pistol cartridge lever gun targets and the small bore targets
Here's a link to the template http://www.22bpcra.com/wp-content/uploa ... /Sizes.pdf
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

I can make those if you want.
Send me a PM with a phone # and I'll call ya tomorrow.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
SSShooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SSShooter »

BrentD wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:30 am MVA B5. Light and perfect for the game. Also the best value for your dollar.
Absolutely. Cannot beat MVA quality, as well. Plus, about half the weight of the next larger scope and same fine glass.
Brent is also correct on the rifle choices. CPA is a PA company and would build you a rifle with a lighter/shorter barrel (whatever you request) and could do the same with the wood, as would C. Sharps for an 1885 Low Wall. Gail Shuttleworth (who, with her father, Paul, own's CPA) plans to shoot with us at the July nats if she can (this coronavirus has gotten everybody's work backed up). Gail has been practicing off-hand and is becoming a real force.