Aquila Match Ammo?

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
pdeal
A Poster
A Poster

Aquila Match Ammo?

Post by pdeal »

Has anyone recently tried the Aquila match ammo? Seems to go for about $30-40/brick. The advertisements make me think they have maybe redone some things but maybe just a new box?
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Aquila Match Ammo?

Post by DonM »

I have an original Stevens with the heavy barrel and a Winchester 75 target rifle that shot the older Aquila rifle match better than anything else. I have a brick of the new edition but it doesn't seem to shoot as well as the older stuff, but I have not sat down and shot much of it seriously yet.
Try it, if your rifle likes it all is well, if it don't you're not out a lot.
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pistolero45 »

I've had good success with Aquila Pistol Match in both a Remington 540xr, and a CZ 452 American.
Mark
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuckjordan2 »

I have had better results with Aquila Std (1100fps) in my CZ 452 American. I bought a case of it back in 2010. I've put the Aquila Match and Aquila Match Pistol up against my lot of Aquila Std, and the Aquila Std was tighter groups.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

The rifle match actually shoots worse than any ammo I have tried in my CZ 457 with an Anschutz match barrel. Outside an inch at 50. Worst of 13 tested. Aguila Target shot slightly better but just barely. Center X shot ~.3 just as a side note.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer