CMP ammo

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

CMP ammo

Post by OnaginOffagin »

I tried to buy a case of that Eley CMP rimfire ammo ($350), but they won't let me because I can't show membership in a CMP club..... And their locator shows no club near me that I can join..... Anyone who can let me in such a club? I'm a retired old git and need cheap ammo!
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: CMP ammo

Post by DonM »

You have to do more than just belong to a club, you also have to show that you shoot competitively.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Well, I do.... both smallbore, high-power silhouette, and a winter league, but neither the The Pe Ell Sportsman Club nor our local Kittitas Valley Rifle and Pistol club are on the CMP list.... out of luck, huh?
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Everyone I have spoken to about the CMP rimfire ammo had a definite big Ho-Hum to say about its quality.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

You have to shoot a CMP event such as a Garand match. Sometimes they have XTC matches that are CMP events and that qualifies too. You get a certificate showing you shot a match and your in.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

The Washington State Shooting association membership should qualify.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

DonM you still have to shoot an event and get a certificate. The club itself has to run an event to hand out the certificate. It's part of the rules of CMP.
If the club is registered as a CMP club they should be running CMP events to maintain their CMP status. CMP is completely separate from the NRA thankfully...
NRA Endowment Member
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

Yes I am aware of that. But if he belongs to the Washington State Shooting Association, and as he says shoots in sanctioned events, he should be good to go and meet the qualifications.
That's the way it works for us in Wyoming anyway.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Not if its an NRA sanctioned event. It MUST be a CMP sanctioned event. They are completely different events.
NRA Endowment Member
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Well, the good folks at the CMP told me that membership in the Washington Rifle And Pistol Assoc. is affiliated, and would qualify me, so I am good to go. I want the low cost Eley for indoor practice only, not planning on using it for SB silhouette....
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

The Eley target has shown some real promise at the 200 meter rams in 22 bpcr, in a couple of our rifles.
Funny thing about the pricing, if Midway or Grafs has it in stock, it's cheaper there than from the CMP.