Eley Action at Killoughs...

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Eley Action at Killoughs...

Post by cedestech »

https://www.killoughshootingsports.com/ ... ounds.html

never heard of it but that is a smoking price if it is of any quality... that is CCI SV price.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Eley Action at Killoughs...

Post by Merlin »

Doesn't look like the same stuff as they sell through CMP...? It says bees wax and tallow where CMP ads state paraffin lubed.

Killoughs says it's comparable to Sport in quality. $275.00 per case of 5000 + 40. shipping
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Merlin wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:49 pm Doesn't look like the same stuff as they sell through CMP...? It says bees wax and tallow where CMP ads state paraffin lubed.

Killoughs says it's comparable to Sport in quality. $275.00 per case of 5000 + 40. shipping
I am rimfire ammo rich right now but at that price, If I was in the market I'd sure try it....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
PAndy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by PAndy »

Action has been around for a couple years or so. I've not used any. They seem to have new lower prices on that series...Action, Contact, and Force. Would be interesting to compare action to the geco ammo.

Update: I see some suppliers are advertising Eley Action with a 42 gr bullet. That's different than what has been sold here in the past. Others advertising 40 gr bullet
tomon
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tomon »

I had them ship me 1800 rounds. On a lark I decided to weight separate it. Wasn't a bell curve which surprised me. I shot it at 100yds. with my Remington 513T which I had just shimmed the bolt down to slightly over .041. By the time I got to the second record target, the group had closed to where I had a 98 with a few x's. I will try it again next Monday morning with with same rifle to see if it was just me! First 100yd shoot of the year.
tomon
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tomon »

I'll shoot it at McKeesport's KYL shoot on Saturday, and I also got some of the 42gr Action Plus, and may shoot that :mrgreen: at Keystone's Silhouette shoot Sunday!