Off Season Projects

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Off Season Projects

Post by BlauBear »

What kind of projects do you have planned for the off season? I try to minimize tinkering when competition is active and just make a list of projects and experiments to tackle during the off season.

I plan to to do some bedding and stock extension work, reloading, strength training and mental management. Y'all?
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

After last years off season series of posting many of us could use some serious mental management training!!! :D
Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Practice on a whole new set of animals, squirrels, Russian boar, white tail deer and elk. Just so happens these are all moving, this helps to mitigate the inherent wobble. A warm up session in Zwolle, LA at the state high power silhouette should have me ready.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Dawg,
You gonna chase them poor Mississippi squirrels again? Be sure you dispose of the skins properly this time. :D

Good luck in Zwolle.

Innocent

genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Innocent wrote:Dawg,
You gonna chase them poor Mississippi squirrels again? Be sure you dispose of the skins properly this time. :D

Good luck in Zwolle.

Innocent
Is'nt that what a Dawg should do?

I'll give it the ol' hung over Dawg try. Thanks.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

I'll give it the ol' hung over Dawg try.
Hey just drink some of the Cubano's good stash and you should not have a hangover. :lol: Or switch to a fine potato vodka..

Innocent

Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day All
For your off season your welcome down here in Australia. We don't have a off season as the weather lets us shoot year round. There's a shoot in January that includes Cowboy,Air,Smallbore and Highpower that goes for 8 days if your interested.
Juddy
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Ramslammer wrote:G'Day All
For your off season your welcome down here in Australia. We don't have a off season as the weather lets us shoot year round. There's a shoot in January that includes Cowboy,Air,Smallbore and Highpower that goes for 8 days if your interested.
Juddy
Man... I'd love to Juddy. Been there twice now and loved it!!!
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Ramslammer wrote:G'Day All
Juddy
Don't I wish!
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
cwdgun
B Poster
B Poster

Post by cwdgun »

BlauBear, I wish I had na off season, We never stop shooting here, and already getting ready for up coming matches to plan for.So take some time off for me.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

cwdgun wrote:BlauBear, I wish I had na off season, We never stop shooting here, and already getting ready for up coming matches to plan for.So take some time off for me.
An off season is good for shooter and equipment. For the gear it's a chance to repair, correct and upgrade gear without the pressure of an upcoming match. For me, it's a chance to center, rest and refine habits.
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pistolero45 »

I like the off season. In a couple of weeks deer season starts, the tree stands have been hung, and the high powered rifles are sighted in and ready to go.

Then, when ol' man winter arrives, I plan to give my Colt .45 acp a rust blue job. After 26 years of use there is no finish left on the grip area! Incidently, last winter I rust blued a Mauser Broomhandle and it turned out pretty good.

Next, there are four whitetail antlers, a mule deer rack, and a set of antelope horns ready to put on plaques. I just need to get some nice walnut and make the plaques. Plus I need to make a couple of plaques for turkey fans (my daughter shot her first bird this past spring - a 23 pounder).

The truly sad thing is, I also have three silhouette rifles which "need" new stocks. I have been wanting to build stocks for these guns, but the off season just doesn't last long enough! Well, maybe the winter of 08/09 I can get to that project.....

Who else has a good winter project(s)?
Mark
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

My offseason project is narrowing down my list of choices and purchasing a new (to me) motorcycle. I ride the bicycle any distances that I have time for, but I want a motorized bike for farther distances to make my daily commute less torture and more fun. Right now I'm fairly stuck on a 2003 CBR 600RR if I can find a really good deal on one. I think I can head to matches on it really well as long as I take the action out of the stock. All I'll really need is the two pieces of the rifle and some ammo in a backpack. :)

jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

refine habits.
So that's how you talked yourself into acquiring all those 504's....... :lol:

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

jneihouse wrote:
refine habits.
So that's how you talked yourself into acquiring all those 504's....... :lol:

Kitty
That isn't one of the habits I had in mind...