2021 Western National Lever Gun Championship

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

2021 Western National Lever Gun Championship

Post by JohnHenry »

Just an update on the Western Nationals in July. We have 80+ shooters signed up as we approach April 1. If you are going to attend the match but haven't sent in your registration, please do so asap. It really will help us in planning the event.

We think this match will be the largest lever gun silhouette competition in 2021 west of the Mississippi.

The shooter dinner will be on Friday evening, July 9, at the Whittington Center cafeteria. This building has been remodeled in the past year and can now seat 175 people. Presently, we have close to 100 signed up for the dinner. If we have a situation where we have more signed up for dinner than we have space for, we might be forced to limit seating to the first 175 who sign up.

Match info and registration can be found in an earlier post on the lever gun page. Thanks.

Jim Luke
Brokegunner
Unclassified Poster

Re: 2021 Western National Lever Gun Championship

Post by Brokegunner »

Jim,

There are 3 of us here on the west coast that just heard about the match a few days ago. We are filling out our entry forms today and will be in the mail tomorrow. We are excited to get back out to Raton and have fun shooting Silhouette... thanks for posting this and thanks for putting on the match.

I'm curious if there will be anything posted on the NRA website? We wasted a few hours clicking around there trying to find it and luckily I remembered this site and that's the only way we found it.

Thanks

Brian Mathews
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by JohnHenry »

Brian, this is an NRA approved match. I don't know if they will post it on their website or not. Steel Chickens has the most viewers interested in lever guns, so that is why we chose it to publicize the match.

There is an real need for a central source for upcoming matches. The NRA could do a much better job listing matches, but they seem to have priorities right now that eclipse what we need in competitive shooting.

We now have over 90 shooters signed up for the Western Nationals and registrations are being received weekly. I believe we will end up with well over 100 participants.

I'm glad you and your friends are coming. See you in July.

Jim
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Jim,

I looked on the NRA’s list of Coming Events today and they have your match listed as being in Arizona. You might want to address this to clear up any confusion.
Here is a copy of the listing.

LEVER ACTION SILHOUETTE
Return
REGIONAL
MONTANA, Missoula: LA, PC, SBLA, Sep. 4-5, R; T. Kien, 1200 Trotting Horse Ln., Missoula,
MT 59804; chukarman1@hotmail.com
STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
OTHER TOURNAMENTS
ARIZONA, Phoenix: LA, Jul. 6-10, A; J. Luke, 19203 N. 29th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85027; jlc@everstkc.net

Hope this helps clear things up.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member