Skinner Sights - Henry

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Skinner Sights - Henry

Post by jbmarshtx »

This is not a question for me. My dad has a Henry 24" 22lr. He is interested in a Skinner rear sight. If you've used the receiver mounted sight that mounts to the dovetail rail and/or the barrel mounted sight that is mounted into the dovetail notch...which do you prefer? I don't think that this will be for competition.

Do you wear corrective lenses? Single vision vs. multi-focal?
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Skinner Sights - Henry

Post by CamP »

We use a Williams FP-GR-TK rear sight on our 24" Henry Frontier.
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

I have tried both receiver cover and barrel Skinner sights. One difference is obviously sight radius. Having the peep sight on the receiver cover may require a taller front sight for close up shots. For what it's worth, I ended up with a Marble Arms tang sight for even greater sight radius (31") for the Henry 24" barrel and no need to change the front sight. I just needed to drill & tap a new hole in the tang and new screws for the added tang sight base height.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CamP »

Sporty wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:27 amHaving the peep sight on the receiver cover may require a taller front sight.
The Williams FP-GR-TK requires a taller front sight. We have a Lyman 17ami front sight on our Henry.
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbmarshtx »

Thanks for the replies. This is mainly for plinking I think, and I'm not sure what he decided.