McMillan M-T Hunter stock??

This is what we do.
dan2116
B Poster
B Poster

McMillan M-T Hunter stock??

Post by dan2116 »

Does anyone know of the McMillan M-T Hunter stock that is new. Any pictures of it on the net and is it a copy of the Pharr silhouette stock?
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: McMillan M-T Hunter stock??

Post by thauglor »

I was only able to find this:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/900081186
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Flat top with machined in pillars? I read that to say no inlet but it has pillars installed. What?

Way to heavy for a Silhouette build at 4lb.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
dan2116
B Poster
B Poster

Post by dan2116 »

thauglor: Thank you. Looks like a standard type hunter with a schnabel ?? Phar stocks are no longer made and don't care for the style of the Wooster. Would imagine the 4lb is shipping weight ( my guess ) . Are the Merier silhouette tocks that were a close copy of the Pharr no longer made as well?
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbmarshtx »

Wooster makes a copy I think of the orginal Pharr, similar to Evelio's wood ones. I think that Wooster changed his mold so that there is a bolt notch now. I bought a wooster a few years ago and had Mark do the inletting.

These have a lower comb. It is about 1/4" to 1/2" below the bore. The palm swell is smaller. I have a standard fill one on my R700 6.5 grendel with a pretty heavy pad. It was one of Mark's first ones when McMillan was doing inlets. It is an ADL style, 26" Mueller works barrel that is similar to probably a #4 lilja. With a 25x leupold, vortex rings, and a rail, I had to get an aluminum shroud for my firing pin to make hunter weight. With Talley rings it would make weight without the aluminum bolt shroud.

McMillan stopped doing inlets for all but a few of their stocks now. If you order one, they won't inlet it for you. I asked about the one that Thauglor posted. It is flat top no pillars, no inlet, standard pad that comes on the mcmillans.

Added. If you want one for smallbore, I think that the tang area is made for a remington and will need some work for an anschutz.
dan2116
B Poster
B Poster

Post by dan2116 »

Thank you jbmarshtx .It is for a Anschutz 1808 EDS / 54-MS .