Severe dislike towards USPS...

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Severe dislike towards USPS...

Post by cedestech »

Priority mail is a joke....

Laziness abounds....

Then I come home this afternoon to this in the mailbox....

Guess which has a grand slam award and which is just match paperwork....

Sigh.

Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Severe dislike towards USPS...

Post by Merlin »

Bad luck! Of course it's what you would value most.....
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
IHMSA53393
B Poster
B Poster

Post by IHMSA53393 »

You didn’t say in your post if the contents were damaged. Or did you just get a wrinkled envelope?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

IHMSA53393 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:29 pm You didn’t say in your post if the contents were damaged. Or did you just get a wrinkled envelope?
Paper award crinkled, pin in one piece....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

Congrats for your Grand Slam!
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

The NRA could have put a do not bend label on the package then it would have had better handling.
Bigfoot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Bigfoot »

Do not bend labels and this side up on boxes mean nothing in the shipping business (24 yr veteran of ups and FedUp as well as liaison w jack potter former postmaster general).

If you want a box to move through any shipping network oriented in some fashion. Put 5he shipping label on that side as the overhead scanners will have the sort monkeys who are responsible for unloading and orienting 50 pieces a minute for small packages to 30 for large.

The mistake here is shipping pm flat with a pin which classifies the piece as non machinable...the document should have gone in a cardboard pm pack which is free for the taking. Not shipping. And has 20x the structural integrity of a yellow inter office envelope.

The reason being it still needs to be sorted down to a Gaylord or the plastic rectangle buckets you see in mail rooms and on package cars. The yellow envelope is several mils thinner than the usps provided ones as it doesn’t matter which carrier moves it. It’s got to play with other parcels (some of which suck! I lobbied for years that car and truck tires should move through the oversized sort. As inevitably it would be my customers mortgage papers that would end under or rubbing uglies wit the tires making it look like the pack had been run over by a vehicle.

So don’t be mad at USPS as those guys perform miracles. Imagine the cost of a stamp delivering your house payment cross country in just a few days. UPS and FedEx have dreamed about the post office being privatized (though not lately as they’re operating beyond capacity). Blame the person who didn’t use a free priority mail cardboard envelope.
Res ipsa loquitur
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

I have absolutely no affiliation with any shipper, but I have to agree with Bigfoot. The USPS does a remarkable job, especially since they are still working under their 1860's business model (think Pony Express).
As I once heard a comedian say, where else can you go to the Post Office, hand them an envelope with a fifty cent stamp on it, and say, take this to Alaska for me. Not a bad service for the money.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

I agree with the premise that USPS does an admirable job for what they do... but still hold them below UPS and just barely above Fed Ex....

Another example...

The 44 special brass I had for sale here. Dude in Alaska wanted it. USPS priority was by far the cheapest way to ship.

I cut and pasted his address from the email he sent.

HE transposed the last 2 number in the zip.

The city didn't match the zip but I have shipped lots of things like that before where there is a small incorporated area that the post office is actually in the larger small incorporated area down the road and the city/zip doesn't match....

Post Office in said wrong zip gets package and can't deliver... there is HUMAN hand writing all over package, dude goes to his post office with tracking number and starts a case on it, they send it back to me as undeliverable.... One of the multiple people couldn't look and say "hey! Sloppy Bottom's zip is almost the same as ours except the last 2 digits are 23 instead of 32... maybe this package that we can't find a street address here in Dingdongville is actually supposed to be in Sloppy Bottom?!?!? Let send it over there instead of thousands of miles back to Texas!"

Nope. A few days later it's sitting on my front doorstep so I can put a different label on it, exactly the same but with the last 2 digits correct and ship it again...

I am expected to perform my gainful employment at a much higher standard and all I ask is other people do to THE SAME....

I will also agree that the pin shouldn't be in a unprotected envelope but with the state of the NRA I am actually surprised when I receive anything other then a plea for money to help pay for Pepee LaPews new suits....

(and I can play this game all day long... I have stupid USPS stories from the last 30 years to run this thread pages long, the FED EX stories are slightly better though...)

:)
Last edited by cedestech on Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Be glad your envelopes were not thrown in a convenient dumpster.
That is where a lot of the mail in my area winds up.
Many people without internet service never receive their routine monthly bills here.
They have to call the utility companies at the end of each billing cycle to find out how much they owe so that they can mail a check in.
tomon
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tomon »

I mailed a set of dies Saturday morning at 9am Priority Mail. It's going from Pittsburgh, PA to Somers, Mt. I was told that it will be there Thursday! That's 6 days if it gets there then! Amazing! Longest time I've ever seen for that.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Priority is a joke right now. 6-10 days is normal and don’t expect actual tracking info updated once it leaves a regional hub till it is at the destination post office. “Rona”….