Anschutz SSA part... does it exist?

This is what we do.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Anschutz SSA part... does it exist?

Post by acorneau »

Here's a weird/odd one for you...

Does anyone know of an adapter for an Anschutz 1700-series receiver that bolts on in place of the magazine well/catch to make it a single shot rifle? Yes, I know there are magazine single-shot adapters that fit in the well to make it a single-shot, and I already use one of those, but that's not what I'm talking about.

It seems like a simple enough part to design and make, so if one isn't out there already then I might make one for myself at my friend's machine shop. Just thought I would ask around first.

:-B
Allen Corneau
pdeal
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Anschutz SSA part... does it exist?

Post by pdeal »

Allen- I don't think so. The bottom of the bolt on the repeater actions is quite a bit different than the single shot actions. The repeaters are setup to slide down through the middle of the magazine and pickup the cartridge while missing the magazine lips. The single shot actions are just rounded on the bottom. Because of this you can't just put one of the loading ramps from a single shot action into a repeater, at least I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Maybe you are having the same thoughts as me? I have a repeater but I shoot single shot using a red single shot adapter. I thought that the single shot adapter could stay in place for the whole match. As it was at the nationals they recognized that some of the Anschutz magazines have red bottoms so can't leave the single shot adapter in. Makes sense really and i didn't think of that. So instead I was fumbling with the single shot adapter the whole match. Almost wish I had a real single shot action.

How about this- I know you have a custom stock and trigger guard. Maybe get a single shot adapter and cut the bottom off and get a new trigger guard with no magazine hole so the single shot adapter just stays in?
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

As you can now buy a high quality single shot 40X clone for $700. it is as cheap or cheaper than buying a single shot Anschutz as a donor for a single shot build.

https://pacifictoolandgauge.com/40x-rim ... ector.html

Just something you might want to consider,,,,,
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Or you can just buy someones 54:18 frankin hunter... I bet there are some out there.

;)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?