Matches around Mississippi

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Matches around Mississippi

Post by thauglor »

So just moved to Mississippi, what are the clubs hosting matches in Louisiana and Mississippi? Thanks!! :-bd
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Matches around Mississippi

Post by atomicbrh »

Mississippi is a long state North to South and a narrow state East to West.
Could you specify your general location in Mississippi?
There are some clubs in Mississippi that have all the equipment to run matches but just lack the people to volunteer to run them.
We were holding Air Rifle and Air Pistol but stopped that due to the pandemic.
We will not start back until the pandemic is no longer a factor.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

I am in Vicksburg, right in the middle north/south. Air Rifle silhouette would be awesome, already have the air rifle.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

The Legendary Coop Shoot Air Rifle Regionals will be the last weekend in February which is 1 hr, 50 minutes from Vicksburg.
Also, at Top Shot Shooting Facility at 136 Lowery Rd, Quitman, Louisiana, 71268 has silhouette on 1st and 3rd Saturday March through August or September, can’t remember right now which month is the last one. It’s just under 2 hrs away from Vicksburg.
1st Saturday is Smallbore Hunter and Standard rifle and Smallbore Lever Action. 3rd Saturday is P. Cartridge and Centerfire Lever Action along with Pistol Silhouette.
If we’re close enough I can get you a contact.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Thanks dhatch, I should be able to put the up coming first Saturday match at Top Shot. I think this is the website but always concerned when the updates are from 2017: http://www.topshotshootingfacility.com/matches
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Zoran,

Glad to have you close! Welcome!

The club matches in South Louisiana/Mississippi are:

First Sunday afternoon (of the month) - scaled Highpower at the Ascension parish sheriff’s range in Gonzales, LA.

Second Sunday afternoon - Air Rifle at Bayou Airgun Club in Baton Rouge

Third Saturday morning - Smallbore at The South Mississippi Gun Association range in Pearlington, MS.

Fourth Saturday morning - Smallbore at the Ascension parish sheriff’s range in Gonzales, LA.

We are working on building a new highpower range in Arnaudville, Louisiana (close to Lafayette). I will help get a program started at a club near you in Vicksburg or Natchez or somewhere thereabouts if we can find the right place.

Email me and I’ll put you on the email list you need to be on. (dustinflint at yahoo dot com)

Dustin
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

dhatch wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:56 pm The Legendary Coop Shoot Air Rifle Regionals will be the last weekend in February...
This is great news to hear Danny!

I've added the dates to the Texas Silhouette Calendar so everyone can plan on being there. Also, let us know if we can send in our entry fees early to help with the expenses of getting the "new" coop up and running.

:ymparty:
Allen Corneau
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

thauglor wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:05 pm Thanks dhatch, I should be able to put the up coming first Saturday match at Top Shot. I think this is the website but always concerned when the updates are from 2017: http://www.topshotshootingfacility.com/matches
I Understand about the last update, but the first and third Saturday’s are active. It has a covered firing line with 10 benches with berms at 100, 200, & 300. Turnout is kinda low. We would Welcome you anytime.
I’ll not be able to attend these matches due to scheduling. PM me for a good contact person and number.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

acorneau wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:19 am
dhatch wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:56 pm The Legendary Coop Shoot Air Rifle Regionals will be the last weekend in February...
This is great news to hear Danny!

I've added the dates to the Texas Silhouette Calendar so everyone can plan on being there. Also, let us know if we can send in our entry fees early to help with the expenses of getting the "new" coop up and running.

:ymparty:
Thank You for your encouragement. The collapse of the original Coop did hurt my feelings, just a little. Y’all please don’t expect the “New Coop” to hold a light to the first one, it’ll take a couple of years to get there.
Also y’all can count on the all you can eat Hot Water Bread Buffet.
Just a FYI of interest. Look at the NRA National Records listing for Air Rifle INDOOR Silhouette. ALL OF THOSE RECORDS, starting in 2015 through 2020, were set at the Legendary Coop Shoot. I’m guessing it’s well past 50.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

We are 1 hour east of Vicksburg. We will start air rifle back up as soon as disease things get back to normal in our area.
Even if you are not interested in U.S. or civil war history make it a priority to visit the Vicksburg Military Park while you are living in the area.
(Top shot is going to be your closest place for monthly small-bore scoped and all the lever action. Southwest Mississippi Gun Club(Pearlington) across from Stennis Space Center will be about 3 hours one way for you. Dustin's matches at Gonzales will also be 3 hours one way. The great thing is you can get up at a reasonable time on Friday morning and arrive in Beaumont or Houston, TX. for Noon practice when they have their state and regional matches.)
ywltzucanrknrl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by ywltzucanrknrl »

Zoran, best of luck with the move and I suppose new job. I always appreciated you hospitality in Phoenix.

Jon.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

ywltzucanrknrl wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:39 am Zoran, best of luck with the move and I suppose new job. I always appreciated you hospitality in Phoenix.

Jon.
Thanks Jon, glad I was able to help a bit
atomicbrh wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:38 am We are 1 hour east of Vicksburg. We will start air rifle back up as soon as disease things get back to normal in our area.
Even if you are not interested in U.S. or civil war history make it a priority to visit the Vicksburg Military Park while you are living in the area.
(Top shot is going to be your closest place for monthly small-bore scoped and all the lever action. Southwest Mississippi Gun Club(Pearlington) across from Stennis Space Center will be about 3 hours one way for you. Dustin's matches at Gonzales will also be 3 hours one way. The great thing is you can get up at a reasonable time on Friday morning and arrive in Beaumont or Houston, TX. for Noon practice when they have their state and regional matches.)
atomic, been there a few times now, great park. You will be seeing me at the air rifle ones for sure. The wife and I were planning a trip to New Orleans over the weekend too, trying to see if we can attend Dustin's SB match as well.

Does Winsboro do any silhouette matches still?
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Winnsboro has not done silhouette in many years.
They are very much a USPS/Steel Challenge club now. Bruce ran the local silhouette there for years but decided to move over to Topshot.
If you are patient and careful, you might be able to buy enough land to own your own range. The real estate market is much cheaper around Vicksburg than most places.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

thauglor wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:05 pm Thanks dhatch, I should be able to put the up coming first Saturday match at Top Shot. I think this is the website but always concerned when the updates are from 2017: http://www.topshotshootingfacility.com/matches
Has it really been that long? I guess I should update it more often. I-)
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image