WTB: Remington 40x 22 action

Want to buy or want to sell.
wizone
A Poster
A Poster

WTB: Remington 40x 22 action

Post by wizone »

I am looking for a Remington 40 X 22 action with bolt please notify me at wizone56@gmail.com

A guy was trying to scam me and another person on rimfire Central about a Remington 40 X action I didn’t fall for it but the other guy sent a postal money order and he’s found out it’s a scam also
Resd the post on rimfire central under Matthew Zipparo
Be careful buying people are scamming the unexpecting innocent.
Hope this helps
Wiz
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: WTB: Remington 40x 22 action

Post by acorneau »

Dang, I actually saw that ad and the name "Zipparo" stuck in my head as being an odd name.

Glad you were cautious enough to think twice, but also sorry that the other guy fell for the scam. If he sent a USPS money order then there's a chance, albeit small one, that they will investigate for fraud.

Good luck with your search.
Allen Corneau
wizone
A Poster
A Poster

Post by wizone »

Hey Allen
He is down in your area.
Take wimpy and Gabby and go visit that scanner.
Thanks for the comments.
Wiz
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

I have heard about many positive outcomes when the victim contacts the attorney general in the scammer's state.
If the scammer lives in a rural area, I have also heard positive outcomes when the county sheriff's office is contacted.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Last (and thank God only) time I had anything stolen was an air rifle a douche canoe in Hawaii was supposed to trade with me... He apparently scammed several of us out of rifles. Mine was cheap... one was a multi thousand dollar gun that was supposed to be a multi gun trade. The police on both my end and Hawaii couldn't care less. It's a civil matter...

I messaged you on RFC for the guys name and address. Want to make sure he'd not a member of either of our clubs.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
wizone
A Poster
A Poster

Post by wizone »

This guy on rimfire central bought the action I saw was a scam

Same thing happened to me TODAY. I, unfortunately sent a USPS MO out today to this scum bucket. I have notified the postal authorities and hopefully they can intercept my priority mail and/or stop payment on the check. I have let both this Derek dude and the matthew zipparo character that i intend to pursue this to the max possible. I am also notifying the police in the town where my MO was sent.