It's time for a new post here!

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
richard
A Poster
A Poster

It's time for a new post here!

Post by richard »

We are still running airgun matches and trying to promote airgun shooting at Falls Township Rifle and Pistol Assn. ( near Phila, PA). Our next match is an NRA approved silhouette match for both rifle and pistol this Sunday, September 19, 2021. All are welcome.
Our website is FTRPA.org for directions, etc. Questions, comments let me know at wa2gtj@aol.com
Thank you.
Rick B.
Richard
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: It's time for a new post here!

Post by acorneau »

Air rifle/pistol is a lot of fun and I'm glad we've got a good core group down here in Texas and Louisiana that shoot it.

FYI, you might want to update this part of your "Silhouette" web page...
If you do not have a NRA 2015 Classification book, for the discipline you are shooting, you will be required to buy one from the Match Director. The Classification Books are $13.00 each.
:))
Allen Corneau
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

We probably shoot more air rifle silhouette here at our airgun club in Baton Rouge than anywhere else in the world. We are planning to double down and make a significant investment in our club, the range, and airgun silhouette. Hope the rest of the sport will take notice and discover what a great game this is.

Dustin
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

dustinflint wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:33 pm... We are planning to double down and make a significant investment in our club, the range, and airgun silhouette. Hope the rest of the sport will take notice and discover what a great game this is.
Can't wait to hear about your big plans and hopefully see them in person at the next Shamrock Shootout!

Oh and this was from tonight's air rifle practice with my Open air rifle (Air Arms HFT500)...

IMG_2553.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Allen Corneau
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Nice shooting Allen!

I shot a 37 this week with my Open Rifle too but I missed three turkeys so you beat me on reverse animal count :-bd

Unfortunately I don’t think you will get to see the upgrades to the range at the Shamrock match next year. That park is getting about a $20 million upgrade and the airgun range is part of that. If we get what we’re asking it’s going to be incredible - It’ll be BY FAR the finest air rifle silhouette range in the world!

The problem at the moment is that we just got hammered with hurricane Ida and we are now getting drenched with more rain so the park commission is busy repairing damage and this project is probably going to get delayed by about six months.

Regardless, we are upgrading and we have big plans to grow air rifle silhouette.

Dustin
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Dustin, will there be enough room to face the new air range north for Sun reasons?
squinty_shooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by squinty_shooter »

Awesome shooting Allen!!!
Kimbal
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

atomicbrh wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:03 am Dustin, will there be enough room to face the new air range north for Sun reasons?
There will be enough room but we like the orientation of the range so I doubt we will change it.

Dustin
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

https://www.brec.org/index.cfm/page/Air ... K43TwI0Teo

Lots of mentions in all the videos about the airgun ranges.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Project Timeline
This 6-month project began at the end of June, 2020 and is expected to be completed by early December, 2020.
:!! :D

The plans look great and I am eager to see it in person!
Allen Corneau