Missouri 2022 HP and Hunting Rifle Regional

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Missouri 2022 HP and Hunting Rifle Regional

Post by Snake »

Yes sport fans its that time of year when the Bench Rest Rifle Club of St. Louis gets its chiseled in stone schedule for all our shooting competitions. Our regional will once again be in the second weekend in June, specifically June 11-12. I have attached the program and entry form in pdf for download. Please be early with entries and use checks or money orders. Sadly only Starline helped us in 2021 despite my well crafted mooch letters to Sierra, Lapua, Redding, Leupold, Midwayusa, Graf and Sons and a few others. Let's Go Brandon!!!!
2022_ Entry_and_Fee_Form_online[23366].pdf
2022 Match-regional program.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Missouri 2022 HP and Hunting Rifle Regional

Post by Snake »

Has anybody got any suggestions on how to successfully solicit manufacturers to sponsor/contribute to an event? Even discount certificates would be helpful. :ymhug:
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

When you write to them...

1. Explain what the event is and the where/when. (Do not assume they know anything about silhouette.)
2. Explain how many shooters/spectators are going to be there. (More people = more interest from them.) Better bet is if you can tie their product usage to your event/sport.
3. Make your "ask" in a way that it makes it easy for them to kick in whatever they've got available. "We would be most appreciative of any gift certificates or discount codes on product, stickers, hats, t-shirts, or any other promotional materials you may be able to provide."
4. In return, offer to hang a sign/banner, to include their company name in your advertisements, and give them a shout-out during the prize giveaway.

This is all about getting their company name in front of as many people as you can.

Good luck.
Allen Corneau
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

Thanks Allen
My existing and past attempts mirror your suggestions. What's interesting is that in 2020 (the pandemic year) we actually got quite a bit of sponsorship but it all failed to appear in 2021 except from Starline....weird
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Snake,that great BBQ place nearby would make a great door prize .
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

Well which BBQ place? Sugarfire in Wentzville? Two Dudes in Warrenton? Pappy's in St Louis? Salt & Smoke St Peters, The Stellar Hog Chesterfield, Heavy Smoke O'Fallon or Biffles in Concordia MO?
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Sugar fire was it.Very good and filling.
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

FYI to all you 6mm folks. On May 15 at our club match Daniel Salazar and Jorge Garza were knocking down rams with their 6mm BR's with impunity ...not one dinger or old maid. It seems that 115gr Berger's and a 1in 7 twist are the answer :D
Varn
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Varn »

I've heard that range has difficult Rams. Was it the berger 115 hunting bullet or target bullet?
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

Our rams sit on pads. They are only difficult for a certain 6mm shooter. I don't know which Berger Dan was using. My impression was he was using both (we have two (40) matches per club date. He and and his partner had no difficulties with the rams. I only can comment that silhouette is an outdoor game and one loses more rams when one doesn't shoot at them :D
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Snake wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:03 pm Our rams sit on pads. They are only difficult for a certain 6mm shooter. I don't know which Berger Dan was using. My impression was he was using both (we have two (40) matches per club date. He and and his partner had no difficulties with the rams. I only can comment that silhouette is an outdoor game and one loses more rams when one doesn't shoot at them :D
First rule of knocking rams down... gotta hit them first... :)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?