Bix N Andy Triggers

This is what we do.
dan2116
B Poster
B Poster

Bix N Andy Triggers

Post by dan2116 »

I am having a custom build put together and wanted to seek out experience with the Bix N Andy triggers. I have been shooting Anschutz rifles and like a two stage triggers ( 5018 Match /my favorite ) but not a must. I have seen ( on the web/BC.com ) a Tac Sport Pro two stage w/ pull range in the 3.5 oz. to 35 oz. What are the top sear choices for?
Anyone familiar with this trigger? There match trigger would work out as well for what I want in pull weight but not two stage. Thanks for your help.
Dan
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Bix N Andy Triggers

Post by Emietenkorte »

Dan,
The Bixn' Andy Tac-Sport two-stage trigger is what I run on all of my silhouette rifles. They are super consistent and have a great feel! Also, very easy to adjust! I use the standard, not the pro. The pro has a lower 1st stage weight threshold (3.2 oz compared to 7 oz. of the standard), However the second stage can only get down to 3.5 oz in the pro and the standard can go to 2.5oz. These weights are listed in the manuals, so for me, I run 1lb. 14 oz. in the 1st stage and 3oz. in the second stage for a combined weight of 2lbs. 1oz. Since I don't need such a low 1st stage weight it didn't make any sense to spend the extra money on the Pro.

Top sears are for different clearances between the top sear on the trigger and cocking piece of the bolt. For example, my Defiance and Holeshot Arms (Stiller) actions run a medium, my Bergara B14R trainer needed a high.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions!
Erich
dscak1
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Bix N Andy Triggers

Post by dscak1 »

I definitely second what Erich had to say. Terrific triggers, very consistent. Dan