Old shooter...

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Old shooter...

Post by OnaginOffagin »

I am coming up fast at 80 years of age, and I am too old for this game .... my hold now looks like body cam footage from an LEO chasing a perpetrator .....
But occasionally one of the bloody things falls off, even a turkey now and then, and that's hook enough to keep me throwing dollar bills down range...
My long suffering wife had the solution to my worry over declining scores: "If your score bothers you, quit keeping it!"
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
Heavybarrell
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Old shooter...

Post by Heavybarrell »

Sounds like you have a brilliant wife! Lol
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

If you have it available in your area and haven’t tried it I can’t recommend 22 BPCR and BPCR enough… I know that is where I’ll gravitate to. A ton of fun, cool equipment and only the chickens are shot offhand and are the tie break animal.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
tomon
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tomon »

In order to keep our older shooters participating, we run a Hunter Benchrest Category. The Pigs, turkeys, and Rams are shot sitting from a Bipod or Front Rest, while the Chicks are shot either standing from a monopod stick or just off two elbows rested on the bench. Fearing unfair advantage, we started off mandating High Velocity 22lr for the Hunter Bench people, but it looks like there isn't enough difference to use that. Our course is a Long Range Rimfire course at 50, 100, 150, and 185 yards. Obvious it isn't an approved course of fire, but our local guys like it.