2022 KING OF THE ROCKIES silhouette match in Colorado

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
colorado shooter
A Poster
A Poster

2022 KING OF THE ROCKIES silhouette match in Colorado

Post by colorado shooter »

2022 KING OF THE ROCKIES silhouette match in Colorado September 10th and 11th at Colorado Rifle Club. The range will be open for practice and rifle certification on Friday the 9th, The match will combine 2 - 60 shot Smallbore matches in the morning and 2 -40 High Power matches in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday with the highest combined aggregate The King of the Rockies Champion. Other aggregate awards will be given for each combined match. Limited to 36 Smallbore & 24 High Power shooters.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: 2022 KING OF THE ROCKIES silhouette match in Colorado

Post by cedestech »

colorado shooter wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:34 pm 2022 KING OF THE ROCKIES silhouette match in Colorado September 10th and 11th at Colorado Rifle Club. The range will be open for practice and rifle certification on Friday the 9th, The match will combine 2 - 60 shot Smallbore matches in the morning and 2 -40 High Power matches in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday with the highest combined aggregate The King of the Rockies Champion. Other aggregate awards will be given for each combined match. Limited to 36 Smallbore & 24 High Power shooters.
Holy smokes! That is a lot of shooting! :ymapplause:
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by JohnHenry »

It's great they want to have a big match, but 200 shots for record in one day! How about using two days for the match?
Isn't it time match directors realize the average age of silhouette shooters is 60+? We don't have the stamina for a long match.
What is this, an endurance contest?
Too much shooting in one day takes the fun out of it.
Just my two cents.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

JohnHenry wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:11 am It's great they want to have a big match, but 200 shots for record in one day! How about using two days for the match?
Isn't it time match directors realize the average age of silhouette shooters is 60+? We don't have the stamina for a long match.
What is this, an endurance contest?
Too much shooting in one day takes the fun out of it.
Just my two cents.
Jim,

The way I read it, the match is 2 days - 200 shots per day - 400 total. Looks similar to the Ironman. Those western matches are endurance fests!!

I love the name!

Dustin
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by JohnHenry »

Dustin, try shooting this big of a match when you are 70+. A lot different than when you were in your 40's.
Byron
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Byron »

I always wanted to be King!, At least for a day or maybe the whole year!.

Does the winner get a crown?

Byron