Amarillo Rifle and Pistol Club

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Amarillo Rifle and Pistol Club

Post by 375Short »

I have moved to Amarillo and live very close to the Amarillo Rifle and Pistol Club. It is a club that requires two existing members to vouch for a new applicant to join. Are there any fellow silhouette shooters that are members? The opportunity to practice is so close l can hear it.
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Amarillo Rifle and Pistol Club

Post by richard »

A lot of clubs have a similar requirement. If they have matches open to non members attend a few and get to know some of the shooters and they will sponsor you.
Rick B.
Richard
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Amarillo Rifle and Pistol Club

Post by 375Short »

That was sound advice.
Making new friends, shooting a bullseye sectional tomorrow. My first bulls eye match, No matter how it goes I will shoot my best Bullseye score ever. I thought my dot bounced around a lot on the steel animals, that dot mounted on a pistol, dangling from my right arm moves way to much. Just in case silhouette didn’t make me humble now comes this evil endeavor. When I do hit the darn thing it never falls over and when I don’t hit I got no spotter to blame my less than perfect shot on. The lavish conditions of the heated, windless indoor range are also disconcerting. It was cold this morning so I dressed warm, thought I was going to melt. The guy in shorts and a T shirt suggested I may have overdressed for the 72deg thermostat setting. Good fun.