Air Rifle Silhouette Range

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Air Rifle Silhouette Range

Post by OnaginOffagin »

I am in love with my new AA TX200 and want to begin a local airgun silhouette program... One of my good friends has started a field target program, and I think we have enough air shooters now with good enough equipment to justify a silhouette series too. Where do I get resettable target banks? And since I probably can't afford those, any hints on target bank construction?
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: Air Rifle Silhouette Range

Post by cedestech »

Resettable are nice but not necessary. Quality target sells full set of air rifle targets for not alot of money and you can use 2X4's for rails. Even prop up poly board (campaign signs) with stapled on paper as the back stops to see your misses. Untill you see if it's going to be a thing or not you can be running matches for less then $200.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Post by richard »

The previous poster is correct. Just start with 2 X 3s or 2 X 4s on low saw horses. later you can add angle iron on the wood to make it last. Cardboard backers are nice to see misses but are not required by the rules. I do not like resettable targets myself and really the course is not so long that it is a big deal to walk down to reset targets. With 10 of each animal you will be able to put 4 people on the line at a time, 20 of each 8 people and so forth. Airguns are great because you don't need a really long range or heavy duty backstop.
Consider air pistol silo too. Same animals and even shorter range.
Rick B
Richard
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

If you go with regular targets rather than resettables (I've made a set and it's a pain to get them working). I'd recommend the backing not only to score hits but also to keep the chickens from getting tossed all over the place.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Thanks, gentlemen....

Regular targets it will be..... Now all I have to do is convince the owner of the "range!"
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)