Gehmann 590

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
TomJ
B Poster
B Poster

Gehmann 590

Post by TomJ »

Does anyone know if a Gehmann 590 will work/fit on a 3/8” rail? Thanks, Tom
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Gehmann 590

Post by thauglor »

Hi Tom! Good to hear that you are still shooting! Unfortunately the Gehman 590 is an 11mm rail and will not fit a 3/8s rail without machining the sight. What are you trying to put it on?

When I had to put my 11mm railed sight onto my levergun, I took a BKL riser and machined the top rail to accept an 11mm sight, but that meant an even taller front sight. Would that work for you? I think I have an extra riser already machined sitting in a drawer.

12.7 mm accross the top for the 3/8 rail

This riser is only 4mm tall (instead of the BLK almost 1/2 inch) and should be able to be machined wider to fit onto a 3/8 rail, but don't hold me to that: https://oberleenterprises.com/product/c ... rear-only/
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Gehmann 590

Post by Jetmugg »

Reviving an old thread, but I'm also interested in the Gehmann 590 sight for use on a Henry H001 lever action .22.

I haven't been able to try a Gehmann 590 in person, but I'm curiously interested, especially in how easy it might be to keep track of the position (up and down) of the sight. I don't see any kind of scale on the Gehmann 590, which has me scratching my head about whether it's possible to know a measurable / repeatable sight setting.

What's peculiar about the Henry lever action rimfires is that they use a die-cast "Receiver Cover", which costs about $50 brand new, direct from Henry Repeating Arms. I'm thinking of buying a spare receiver cover, and having the 3/8 dovetail re-machined to the 11mm "Euro" standard, which would allow any variety of Euro-style sights.

Anyway - I'm still curious about the suitability of the Gehmann 590 for the silhouette game.

Steve.